Question 3070 or 6800 XT for 2700x

Sep 23, 2020
Hi guys, I have a 2700x system with a GTX 1070. I'm planning to replace the old GTX 1070 with NVIDIA AMPERE cards or AMD 6000 series. Do you guys have any advice for me? I heard that the 6800xt will cost around the price of 3070 but with the exact performance with the 3080. While the 3070 is way less power hungry than the 6800 XT with only 220w while the 6800 XT is around 290w. Also the 6800 Xt has 16gb of VRAM while the 3070 has only 8gb of GDDR6 Vram.

Neither card has been released or tested by any reviewers; everything we 'know' about the AMD 6000 series is unconfirmed rumor so far. Nobody can tell you anything you haven't already read in the rumors.

Wait until we have a better idea of a) how these cards perform, b) what they cost, and c) how available they are (they might sell out immediately).

Reactions: Mxrcoz
Its pretty much on par with 2080ti but can we get one ?

supply will be tight this year. and from the rumor that i heard around maybe even AMD probably will have some issues when it comes to supply. remember their highest priority will be CPU (for OEM market) and console contract first. so i have decided to wait until next year. and personally i have no interest with high end GPU. i'm looking more for a mid range GPU which probably not coming out until early next year anyway to replace my aging 970.

D

Deleted member 1560910

supply will be tight this year. and from the rumor that i heard around maybe even AMD probably will have some issues when it comes to supply. remember their highest priority will be CPU (for OEM market) and console contract first. so i have decided to wait until next year. and personally i have no interest with high end GPU. i'm looking more for a mid range GPU which probably not coming out until early next year anyway to replace my aging 970.
Pre built might have the best availbility