Question 3070 underperforming

Oct 22, 2022
I have tried every troubleshooting you can imagine. I just want my frames to stay consistent. I have a ryzen 5 5600x, gigabyte x370 gaming 3 motherboard, 32 gb ram, rtx 3070 zotac twin edge oc gaming, and a 650watt power supply. I was getting fine fps then I watched a show and downloaded a bunch of games and went to play tiny Tina’s wonderlands and was getting like 40 fps all of a sudden a massive drop from 90.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Frames are never consistent in 3d applications like games. The only time frames are consistent is in 2d applications, like videos.

Figure out what else got downloaded/installed when you 'downloaded a bunch of games'. I'd start with a good Antivirus And a good malware scan (do both, they aren't the same thing). Also check your startups and see if any apps don't look like they belong (stupid stuff like Driver Easy etc)

Oct 22, 2022
I turned on hardware acceleration cause I forgot to do that earlier and it went to 100 fps then dropped again. The games I downloaded came from steam and epic games I doubt they had viruses.

Oct 22, 2022
i just need amazon to send me an invoice for the graphics card and im starting a warranty claim
this sucks i built this awesome pc just to have it <Mod Edit> on me

Last edited by a moderator: