[SOLVED] 3070 vs 3070 ti

Solution
A 5 minute Google search on the KFA2 card tells me that it's not a bad card.

Besides that, the thing is with AIB SKUs on video cards is the more "high end" you go with them, the more work you have to put into the card to get your money's worth. If all you want to do is just plop the card in, maybe adjust the fan curve or whatnot, then getting a more expensive version of that card is not worth it. But if you're going to spend the time to seriously tune the card to extract the maximum performance, then yes, it might be worthwhile to get those cards.

For instance, since I'm more familiar with it, EVGA had a line up of Black/SC, FTW, and Classified cards. There was no real reason to get the FTW or Classified cards if you weren't going to...
Why would you consider a lower end card if the higher end card is the same price?

And I'm confused with your wording. Are you suggesting the 3070 Ti is a lower end card, or the lower end SKU AIBs throw out?
Ive looked at many reviews, the 3070 ti card comes nearer the bottom of the lists of other 3070 ti cards where as the 3070 ranks top in many 3070 reviews. Im just simply asking people, which card would they go for if they were both priced the same?

A 5 minute Google search on the KFA2 card tells me that it's not a bad card.

Besides that, the thing is with AIB SKUs on video cards is the more "high end" you go with them, the more work you have to put into the card to get your money's worth. If all you want to do is just plop the card in, maybe adjust the fan curve or whatnot, then getting a more expensive version of that card is not worth it. But if you're going to spend the time to seriously tune the card to extract the maximum performance, then yes, it might be worthwhile to get those cards.

For instance, since I'm more familiar with it, EVGA had a line up of Black/SC, FTW, and Classified cards. There was no real reason to get the FTW or Classified cards if you weren't going to spend time tuning the cards for maximum performance.

Since I typically don't spend my time tuning the cards for maximum performance, I would go with the 3070 Ti card. If anything, I'd undervolt it so I can get better efficiency.

Solution
Assuming you are in UK/EU, as KFA2 is common over there. Even then I see 0 reason to buy a 3070, when you can get an Asus Tuf 3070ti, for less than most 3070.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=494,506,492&sort=price&page=1
Assuming you are in UK/EU, as KFA2 is common over there. Even then I see 0 reason to buy a 3070, when you can get an Asus Tuf 3070ti, for less than most 3070.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=494,506,492&sort=price&page=1
Unfortunately i cant buy the TUF card on credit from the retailer I need to buy from but the other two cards I can.

Mar 16, 2022
MSI GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING Z TRIO 8GB LHR Graphics Card
KFA2 GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Edition 8GB OC Graphics Card
KFA2 are an official board partner of nVidia, as is Inno3D (Not well known outside of America or Asia) Due to geographical size and much bigger population, Americans cloud the headspace online of what they deem as good or bad without much knowledge or respect to what is available outside of their region, though some do and are more knowledgeable / intelligent than their counterpart.
They make excellent reliable graphics cards. PNY is another (Owned 2 of their 9800GTX+ back in the day).

Both brands are just not as popular, they often cost less or have features that are out-of the box compared to other companies such as my iCHILL X4 having a fan on the side of the card.
iu

The 3070 Ti is better but not by a large amount over the base 3070, roughly 10-15%.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Mar 16, 2022

I support this post.

It is actually cheaper than advertised on PCPARTPICKER.

Asus Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 TI TUF GAMING OC 8Gb Graphics Card
£707.70 Inc Vat

https://www.technextday.co.uk/produ...aign=TND-Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=52334

Maxsupertweaker

Distinguished
May 29, 2014
Smart choice! I have been using NVIDIA chip cards since the GTX 480, a long time ago in tech years. Having built three machines since then I have used the GTX 970, GTX 1070 and my build from 2018 is now rocking the RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 with a power supply of 850 Watts.

My personal view on 3070 prices:

My guess is the MSRP for RTX 3070 cards will be between $550.00 and $700.00 depending on the model you buy.

See my signature links for the performance information. I am really happy with this card.

NOTE: I use a 27" LCD Monitor at 1920 x 1080 (144MHz). Plenty good for my needs.

Last edited by a moderator: