[SOLVED] 3070ti Crash to desktop

May 3, 2022
I recently picked up all new parts for a new pc, only to find out that it wasnt posting at all, stayed up until 3 am putting it together then troubleshooted for 4 hours before taking it to a local store and and finding a day later and $100 lighter that the mobo had a faulty socket, not wanting to touch another motherboard for years after that I simply returned and replaced it at best buy and had the techs install it.

Everything seemed to be working until I started to play some games on it and I noticed it would black screen on a game during anything intense while remaining fully on pumping sound and other stuff which made me think it was a driver issue at first.

I reinstalled windows onto a clean ssd with both studio and game ready drivers , overclocked and underclocked my ram, cpu, and gpu, reseated my gpu, changed it to pcie 4 in the bios, and no I am not using a split cable. I've tried messing with power settings . I'm about ready to take it back to the shop or rma the damn card for a full refund and spend the extra money on a 3080 but those will be more time and money and I just wanna play already after waiting years and years to upgrade and waiting out a pricing crisis, never had this issue with my 1060 and 1600 setup.

I'm at my wits end here and have spent hours looking for answers, I hope somebody here can save my week.

Parts list

Fractal Design Meshify C
Be Quiet Pure Rock 2
Ryzen 7 5800x
Corsair RM850x
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
ASUS Tuf-Gaming plus x570
EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3

Last edited:
Solution
I'm about ready to take it back to the shop or rma the damn card for a full refund
test the card elsewhere before putting out any more money on it or waiting what could be weeks or longer for the RMA process.

if your old parts are still around setup a test system laid out on cardboard or similar and just try it there.
or try it in a friend, family member, or co-worker's system and see if the same issues occur.
I'm about ready to take it back to the shop or rma the damn card for a full refund
test the card elsewhere before putting out any more money on it or waiting what could be weeks or longer for the RMA process.

if your old parts are still around setup a test system laid out on cardboard or similar and just try it there.
or try it in a friend, family member, or co-worker's system and see if the same issues occur.

Solution