Distinguished
Dec 18, 2012
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
RAM:16GB @ 3200 XMP enabled
Motherboard: Asrock x570 steel legend
GPU: RTX 3070ti FE
Storage:1tb Nvme WD, 2 SanDisk SSD 500gb & 1TB and 2TB barracuda hdd
PSU: Corsair tx 750 purchased in march of 2020
Cooling &Fans: Lian LI Aio 360mm 3 fans + another 3 artic PWM fans daisy-chained.
Other peripherals: Glorius model 0 wireless, custom keyboard, 2 amazon brand speakers, and artic 7 headphones.

The crash its self is a 'hard crash' not sure if that is the right term but it essentially crashes to a black screen instantly as if all I were to hit the off switch on a plug. The PSU as well I think makes a tick sound the same one when it shuts down and boots up normally.

I previously used a 5700xt and my system was stable not crashing hardly ever upon purchasing a new card the 3070ti I have been experiencing crashes the only hardware change is the 2TB HDD. Upon purchasing the 3070ti I noticed that it thermally wasn't performing very well getting very hot if I just left it to self cool. reaching temps in the mid to high 80s which was concerning. So I downloaded fan control a program from Github which is open source and seems to work well and kept the GPU temps low as it syncs with my case fans. The case fans normally would only ramp up with the CPU. The crashes only happened on more intense games such as Escape from tarkov and hunter call of the Wild. I then completely reset my pc only keeping documents hoping this would fix the issue it has not and now I seem to be getting crashes on even less intense games such as CSGO. My main suspicion is that it is the power supply from reading things others are saying but having run a power supply stress test it didn't crash at all albeit it was only for 1 hour. The system also still crashed with the fan control application disabled I may try uninstalling it but I'm not sure that it is the cause really. I am also now using my brother's 3070 (gigabyte eagle non-lhr) whilst he is using my 3070ti and neither system is crashing, so I'm not sure what is causing the issue.

N.B stupidly forgot to mention I have upgraded to windows 11 since having my new GPU.

Any insight into what may be causing the issue would be greatly appreciated or any test or measures I can do to narrow down the problem. Happy to provide any more detail if requested, thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
It sounds like a bad GPU. Can you test it in another system? Can you try the 5700XT again on your system? Make sure you use DDU in safe mode before the installation of the GPU.