Mar 3, 2021
Pc Specs:
i7 87k
3080 FE
Dual monitors 1440p 165 Hz
Asus Hero XI (wifi)
32 GB 32MHz
PSU 850W
I upgraded my GPU from 1080 to 3080, and about two months ago with no problems with any games or benchmarking. Now every game either gets Artifacts or crashes. Afterburner shows 9501 MHz at 100% usage, but clock speed is at 210 at idle. I am currently water cooling so my temp's readout isn't getting higher than 35C, Wattage consumption is at 72. I am not daisy-chaining power to the gpu.
Things I have tried:
DDU to the previous Drivers that worked in January, windows memory diagnostic, checked all cables connection externally and internally, complete drive wipe with a reinstall of windows 10, underclocked memory and Core, reset bios and updated, stress test processor.
Please help. I have no clue what else to try. Much appreciated

Solution
I didn't know a GPU contained its own BIOS. If you have an idea or a link that could show me how to reset the BIOS that would be amazing.
So here is the thing, the 3080 FE card has only 1 BIOS, I think, and flashing the BIOS on a graphics card with only 1 BIOS is risky because if something goes wrong you can potentially brick your card. Because of these aforementioned risks I would do this as a very last resort. It is possible that something happened to the BIOS on your card. If we cannot figure it out here I would consider RMAing the card with Nvidia assuming the warranty was not been voided.

Have you tried a different GPU in your system or your 3080 in a different system? Considering you reinstalled windows and used DDU to...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your 850W PSU and it's age? Have you made sure your motherboard's BIOS is up to date? Which BIOS version are you on at the moment? When you reinstalled the OS, did you fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? With the latest drivers manually sourced from Nvidia's support site, did you try installing in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Mar 3, 2021
My PSU is Corsair RMX Series, RM850x, 850 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply. I just bought it this past January. I just updated the BIOS with no changes. I did use a USB-installer I just did a reset through windows. Yes, I did run the driver as administrator.

Mar 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your 850W PSU and it's age? Have you made sure your motherboard's BIOS is up to date? Which BIOS version are you on at the moment? When you reinstalled the OS, did you fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? With the latest drivers manually sourced from Nvidia's support site, did you try installing in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

My PSU is Corsair RMX Series, RM850x, 850 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply. I just bought it this past January. I just updated the BIOS with no changes. I did use a USB-installer I just did a reset through windows. Yes, I did run the driver as administrator.

Have you checked your loop for any small leaks around or above the graphics card (drips on backplate)? Do you live in a climate that could have possibly caused condensation on the card because of the loop on the GPU? have you ever overclocked the GPU memory or core? Have you tried to flash the BIOS on the GPU with vendor provided stock BIOSs? Have you tried using only 1 monitor at a time?

Mar 3, 2021
Have you checked your loop for any small leaks around or above the graphics card (drips on backplate)? Do you live in a climate that could have possibly caused condensation on the card because of the loop on the GPU? have you ever overclocked the GPU memory or core? Have you tried to flash the BIOS on the GPU with vendor provided stock BIOSs? Have you tried using only 1 monitor at a time?

Yes I have checked for leaks. I live in New England so it's possible? that condensation might have gotten on the card but very unlikely based on the in the house concision. Yes I overclocked my GPU and core at one point but then I just ended up going back to the initial state, due to overclocking wasn't doing much for my games. I didn't know a GPU contained its own BIOS. If you have an idea or a link that could show me how to reset the BIOS that would be amazing. Yes, I have tried just using one monitor.

I didn't know a GPU contained its own BIOS. If you have an idea or a link that could show me how to reset the BIOS that would be amazing.
So here is the thing, the 3080 FE card has only 1 BIOS, I think, and flashing the BIOS on a graphics card with only 1 BIOS is risky because if something goes wrong you can potentially brick your card. Because of these aforementioned risks I would do this as a very last resort. It is possible that something happened to the BIOS on your card. If we cannot figure it out here I would consider RMAing the card with Nvidia assuming the warranty was not been voided.

Have you tried a different GPU in your system or your 3080 in a different system? Considering you reinstalled windows and used DDU to reinstall drivers I highly doubt it is a software / driver issue.

Solution
Mar 3, 2021

Have you tried a different GPU in your system or your 3080 in a different system? Considering you reinstalled windows and used DDU to reinstall drivers I highly doubt it is a software / driver issue.

I'll take a look at switch it out with my 1080 and get back to you.