[SOLVED] 3080 and 6800XT where are they in UK???

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Can anyone tell me why i can't get an RTX 3080 or AMD 6800/6900T in the UK? I can't find one anywhere. I need to upgrade my GTX1080Ti. WTF :mad:

Solution
Can anyone tell me why i can't get an RTX 3080 or AMD 6800/6900T in the UK?
because they are not available, anywhere.
you will not easily find one.
if you're curious as to why, there are multiple reasons. search online and you will find many threads, conversations, and articles relating to it.

either talk to a local electronics store that carries computer components and find out their delivery schedule,
then visit them each morning that there may be new stock.
or continuously monitor online retailers with your fingers crossed and hope you may happen upon one somehow.
Can anyone tell me why i can't get an RTX 3080 or AMD 6800/6900T in the UK?
if you're curious as to why, there are multiple reasons. search online and you will find many threads, conversations, and articles relating to it.

either talk to a local electronics store that carries computer components and find out their delivery schedule,
or continuously monitor online retailers with your fingers crossed and hope you may happen upon one somehow.

Solution

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006

OK, Thankyou for your response

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
They are in exactly the same place they've been since release, in the hands of the massive mining rig setups and scalpers who use buy-bots to buy up every card they can in fractions of a second, across multiple websites.

About the only place you might possibly get a high ranked card is in a boutique built pc nowadays, lucky shot at places like Linus Verified Gamer, or get on the waiting list from Direct Vendor sales like at Evga.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
I'm asking because i'm sure Nvidia and AMD must be getting bombarded with why can't we get hold of these cards? Do i need to ask again? Somebody on this forum must know why. However we're all gamers and it's in every body's interest when we can get hold of these cards.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
They are in exactly the same place they've been since release, in the hands of the massive mining rig setups and scalpers who use buy-bots to buy up every card they can in fractions of a second, across multiple websites.

About the only place you might possibly get a high ranked card is in a boutique built pc nowadays, lucky shot at places like Linus Verified Gamer, or get on the waiting list from Direct Vendor sales like at Evga.
That is what i thought. Where do we go from here? I'm Pi*of . That is not a go at this response. We gamers need to stick together

I'm asking because i'm sure Nvidia and AMD must be getting bombarded with why can't we get hold of these cards? Do i need to ask again? Somebody on this forum must know why. However we're all gamers and it's in every body's interest when we can get hold of these cards.
It’s not a new problem, it’s been ongoing since last year. I suggest you Google why as people of tired of having to keep going over this topic. In short demand is massively exceeding supply with no end in sight. This could go into 2022.

That is what i thought. Where do we go from here? I'm Pi*of . That is not a go at this response. We gamers need to stick together
Unfortunately the best chance of getting either of those cards at a reasonable price is buying a pre built system. System builders are getting some stock on and off and are often not charging the massively inflated prices of the gpu’s when sold separately and they do come in stock for less than a minute at a time. It does really suck but there is nothing anyone can do.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Chinese lunar new year celebration. Covid. Droughts. Flooding. All these have put a severe damper on production of GDDR6 primarily, but also other highly demanded silicon such as that used by the auto industry, monitors, consoles etc. And then miners and scalpers are soaking up what little supply there is. It's a global issue, everyone of importance from the Top down is aware of it.