[SOLVED] 3080 and 750w

ikethehero

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014
So my psu has 2 6+2pin connectors and one 8pin connector. Is it possible for me to use a 2pin 3080 or will I have to get a 3pin version of a card? I tried running a 2060 super with my 6+2pin and the system said I needed to have all connections plugged into the pci before starting it up.
So now I'm not sure if it'd be possible to run a 2pin 3080 considering you can't power it safely off a single cable?

Solution
Sorry I meant a single 8 pin connector. I have the two 4 6+2pin ones. Will my pc start with only one end plugged in? I tried that on my 2060 super and it said I had to have all the connectors plugged and wouldn't boot.
You need to populate all power sockets on the gpu. You don’t need to use all plugs on the power cable.
You bought the psu new? It comes with 2 PCI-e cables with in total four 6+2 pin connectors. Get a 3080 with two 8 pin so you can each 8 pin connect with one cable. If you're missing a cable then contact Super Flower. Don't connect a 3080 with one daisy chained cable.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yup, this PSU comes with two cables that have a total of four PCIE 6+2 connectors. Any other connectors, such as the 4+4 connector, is not for a GPU, and if you manage to stuff it into the GPU, you may no longer be the owner of a GPU.

ikethehero

Honorable
Nov 5, 2014
Yup, this PSU comes with two cables that have a total of four PCIE 6+2 connectors. Any other connectors, such as the 4+4 connector, is not for a GPU, and if you manage to stuff it into the GPU, you may no longer be the owner of a GPU.
Sorry I meant a single 8 pin connector. I have the two 4 6+2pin ones. Will my pc start with only one end plugged in? I tried that on my 2060 super and it said I had to have all the connectors plugged and wouldn't boot.