[SOLVED] 3080 Crash to desktop without error or give "DXGI Error Device Hung" error.

Aug 11, 2021
Hi, first of all I apologize for the English.

This week I mounted my new computer:

B550-F (WIFI) ROG
RTX TUF 3080 OC
Ryzen 7 5800X
16GB DDR4 Vengance Pro 3000Mhz
970 Evo Plus 1TB & 960 Evo 500GB
ROG RYUO 240MM
CORSAIR HX850i Platinum

Now, the computer is used by my father and I for gaming and not. He plays PUBG, I play a bit of everything. The problem encountered is that in games it presents crash to desktop without errors on games like BF5 and Quake 2 RTX, while on Shadow Of The Tomb Rider o Track Mania (but it gives me the error but then back to work in 2 seconds) it presents "DXGI Error Device Hung".

Now, playing Rainbow Six Siege with Vulkan, playing Rocket League, CSGO or playing PUBG the problems didn't arise. I also put the PC under stress with Cinebench, 3D Mark of various types but nothing, only once gave me error on Port Royal (RTX).

I have already tried with another 3080, a Strix White Edition and the problem persists, I tried to use two different cables from the PSU, I tried a RAM check and I'm okay, I tried to reinstall all the drivers, I tried a DXSETUP, I tried to lower the power taken by the video card and also the frequency of its RAM but nothing, the problem persists. The only thing left for me to do is try to format the PC. I updated the BIOS to the latest version and tried that first too! The RAMs are in DOCP but they are from my previous build.

Can anyone help me? Thank you!

Solution
Actually, i am facing the issue too and it all started when I freshly formatted my pc and updated to the new windows 11 a few days back... i use ea play which is still in beta, and i am facing the crashes on BF5 too. Now i have the game installed on another drive, so am formatting the drive to see if it fixes the issue... So, u should go ahead and reinstall windows or if its on a secondary disk , format it and redownload...
UPDATE: Cyberpunk 2077 also crashed. It seems its the gpu drivers, the issue is with the new nvidia 471.68 driver... Ohh and also checked with DDU, the error still persists...
Another UPDATE: Checked event viewer and found this: "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." Now have...
Actually, i am facing the issue too and it all started when I freshly formatted my pc and updated to the new windows 11 a few days back... i use ea play which is still in beta, and i am facing the crashes on BF5 too. Now i have the game installed on another drive, so am formatting the drive to see if it fixes the issue... So, u should go ahead and reinstall windows or if its on a secondary disk , format it and redownload...
UPDATE: Cyberpunk 2077 also crashed. It seems its the gpu drivers, the issue is with the new nvidia 471.68 driver... Ohh and also checked with DDU, the error still persists...
Another UPDATE: Checked event viewer and found this: "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." Now have to dig a little deeper to find whats causing this issue; This also explains why the two games u played freezes and then resumes to normal...
Will check further and if i find any possible fix , will post it here...
Update: so reflashed bios, helped a lil, but still the crash... seems its definitely windows 10 new update related...
UPDATE: Finally got it to work, installed the optional device drivers in windows update. I just let windows install Nvidia Drivers... And no more crashes... Will now try the previous Nvidia driver... Try it out yourself... :)

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS