Question 3080 FE unexplained performance spikes?

fromtheveldt

Prominent
Oct 19, 2020
Hi,

Now, a strange topic title, but I've got a GeForce RTX 3080 Founder's Edition that I've configured in a mining rig. I've undervolted the card in Afterburner and tweaked the settings for constant mining, and the card has been performing as expected for 6+ months. With the settings provided, it hits a constant 80MH/s and keeps the memtemp at 92-94C.

So recently, when the rig has been chugging for a couple days (with other assorted cards), I'll notice in HWiNFO64 that the hashrate and memtemp of the 3080 FE alone has jumped to the 100MH/s and 102-104C range. All of the other cards (3070 FEs and AIB 3080s) temperatures are reported as normal and are their usual numbers. The ambient temp in my area has been getting colder so I can't chalk it up to the weather change. I'm also pretty sure it's not reverting settings in Afterburner, since it seems to report no change in settings.

I'm just stumped on what could be causing this single card out of the entire rig to change settings after 3-5 days. I believe the memory isn't throttling either, since the hashrate would drop to reflect that, and both hashrate and memory temp raise when it occurs.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS