Question 3080 freezes for 1/2 sec at 2 hours of gaming

Mar 19, 2023
Hi all,
I want to share something weird with my computer.

I cannot say when but I started to notice this a few weeks ago.
I race racegames on a triple screen setup.
More specific, the game AMS2.
My setup includes 3*1440p monitors.

Now, after a session, which are multiple races, and that is around the 2hour mark of playing that game, my screens freezes for a 1/2 second and after that all goes well.
Me, I crashed in the wall and that makes a man frustrated.
Especially because I cannot find why this happens and why at that 2 hour mark.

gpu powerlimit drops to 0.
That is all I can say.

is there a possibility that an application, running in the background, doing something weird at that 2 Hour mark? How to find out?

could it be hardware related?
Windows 11 (was also on windows 10)
I9 9900k cooled by a dark rock pro 4.
MSI 3080 gaming a trio 10g lhr
ASUS Z390m mobo
32 gig ram Corsair 3600mhz
Be quiet straight power 850 psu.

all gear is max just over 2 years old.

gpu maxes out at 63°C
cpu hardly hits 45°C
I’m living in Europe, and at the moment it is pretty chill here.

what I’m going to do is remove the game and reinstall it.
Drive for 2 hours and see what it does.

i did record data with HWinfo64 and it shows some odd things at that certain time mark.
I didn’t drive another 2 hours after when it happens.
So I don’t know if it happens once per session or every 2 hours.

if anyone is interested in the datafile, I stored it in an excelsheet and will share it through Dropbox.
Dropbox to logfile
The error happens at line 3719, 22:54:03 timestamp.

all help would be very welcome.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur two hours after you start playing.

Or at any 2 hour interval.

Also look in Task Scheduler for any actions that may be triggered two hours later based on something launched during start up (Task Manager) or otherwise launched when you first begin gaming. Some background app trying to update, backup, send out information, or otherwise just "phoning home".

This:

"i did record data with HWinfo64 and it shows some odd things at that certain time mark. "

I cannot decipher which line is 3719 and the time stamp field shows only '####'s".

Widen the time stamp column and change the cell colors or font colors in the spreadsheet to highlight the issue that you have noted.

If, as near as I can tell, all that should be necessary is a few of the data lines preceding and then following whatever line 3719 appears to reveal.

And please change the column headers to English.

Mar 19, 2023
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur two hours after you start playing.

Or at any 2 hour interval.

Also look in Task Scheduler for any actions that may be triggered two hours later based on something launched during start up (Task Manager) or otherwise launched when you first begin gaming. Some background app trying to update, backup, send out information, or otherwise just "phoning home".

This:
If, as near as I can tell, all that should be necessary is a few of the data lines preceding and then following whatever line 3719 appears to reveal.

LookIf, as near as I can tell, all that should be necessary is a few of the data lines preceding and then following whatever line 3719 appears to reveal.

Oh, didn’t thought about the language.
I’ll reupload after a new session. I’ll use only 2 lines in front and 2 lines after.
Perfmon doesn’t reveil anything that is on that timestamp.