[SOLVED] 3080 FTW3 undervolting and benchmarking assistance please!

trofeer

Commendable
Apr 3, 2021
(This is a bit overwhelming) I am trying to find out what is the go-to benchmark for GPU performance unless I do need to spend $30 on Steam to use 3DMark's software but in the meantime, I am using SuperPosition by UNIENGINE so hopefully this is OK.

I am completely new to this so bare with me..downloaded Afterburner, dropped my Core Clock down -290MHz and then brought up my curve to 1950MHz @ .925mV as shown:
c7q8kpX.png

*** I forgot to click the MAX on Board Power Draw but I saw it hover around 335W. That GPU Hot sport temp kind of worries me, is that normal?

My fan curve is basically a straight line from 40% @ 45C to 100% @ 78C. The ambient temp in the room is 75F (24C).

I ran 4K Optimized in SuperPosition and here are my results:
fw7wcDU.png

When looking at other scores on the site, I feel like I'm a bit farther down the list...then again I see guys on the first couple pages who must be using liquid nitrogen and are truly overclocking...thats not really my goal here which is to maintain or loss <5% of performance while dropping a good 5+C in temps if possible. Can I please get some assistance and direction?

My PC Specs are as follows and everything is STOCK:
ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero
3080FTW3 Ultra
2x140 NoctuaA14 intake
1x150 NoctuaA15 exhaust
Noctua U14S CPU cooler

Solution
Unless your trying to get every last ounce out of the card there is no need to do anything to the 2000 or 3000 gen cards. As long as these 2 conditions, voltage and temp, are meet the card will keep boosting. As soon as you ether run out of voltage or the card gets to hot (85-90*) it will start to limit boost.

Just leave it stock (maybe a custom fan profile) and let er rip tater chip.

As you have shown by limiting your voltage it caps out the Mhz of the card.

trofeer

Commendable
Apr 3, 2021
I opened PX1 and applied the chainlink at 65% for the fans (in AB it would show 75%, weird). This was applied to both benches. I have not touched the memory clock in my custom Profile..

Stock:
7zumNTA.png

Profile1:
.925mV @ 1960MHz
r6IKwL5.png

Profile2:
.912mV @ 2022MHz
OAGIz1T.png

I'm getting Max Board Power Draw of between 370-385W through all 3 benches, is this what I should be expecting? I thought I would drop at least 50W or so

Unless your trying to get every last ounce out of the card there is no need to do anything to the 2000 or 3000 gen cards. As long as these 2 conditions, voltage and temp, are meet the card will keep boosting. As soon as you ether run out of voltage or the card gets to hot (85-90*) it will start to limit boost.

Just leave it stock (maybe a custom fan profile) and let er rip tater chip.

As you have shown by limiting your voltage it caps out the Mhz of the card.

Solution