[SOLVED] 3080 future price?

joejackson700

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
Will the rtx 3080 return to its original msrp of $700 by the end of 2021? Or will it take longer than that, or not return to its original price at all?

Solution
Very unlikely. Manufactures now are increasing their prices due to Covid and working from home home caused logistic mayhem. GDDR6 RAM prices now goes up because of same reason and due to increased demand in gaming enabled laptop manufacturing which now push desktop GPU prices even more. Yes it mean that lower tier GPU prices will leap as well - see what is happening with GTX 16xx and RX 5xxx prices now. It will continue like that through this year at least. And when prices are up, they become decreased very reluctantly. So new mid-top end prices probably will stay in 900-1500$ range like for very long time towards. Lucky is one who got his GPU before November 2020 and not from scalpers.
Will the rtx 3080 return to its original msrp of $700 by the end of 2021? Or will it take longer than that, or not return to its original price at all?
You can ask it here:

Very unlikely. Manufactures now are increasing their prices due to Covid and working from home home caused logistic mayhem. GDDR6 RAM prices now goes up because of same reason and due to increased demand in gaming enabled laptop manufacturing which now push desktop GPU prices even more. Yes it mean that lower tier GPU prices will leap as well - see what is happening with GTX 16xx and RX 5xxx prices now. It will continue like that through this year at least. And when prices are up, they become decreased very reluctantly. So new mid-top end prices probably will stay in 900-1500$ range like for very long time towards. Lucky is one who got his GPU before November 2020 and not from scalpers.

Solution
Best Buy? Founders Edition? Hello? I know not everyone has one near them, but still... they are at least, following Nvidia's MSRP for the FE cards.

Are you serious? ... evil laugh in background ...

All the other models are screwed though.

Correct. Even RX480 and especially RX580 gained 200% "price boost" :p

Maybe for new "normal" MSRP price we will get 5 nm or 3 nm based RTX 4xxx in next year.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Expect things to slow down even more - Lunar New Year starts soon...

Are you serious? ... evil laugh in background ...
I'm dead serious.
The Friday before last, I had a 3080 in my cart - 699.99USD. But I wasn't able to complete the transaction because the stupid site wanted me to log in, but it wouldn't let me log in! It kept bugging out on me.

I'm ready for it this time.