[SOLVED] 3080 KTD/CTD Issue - How do I Limit Boost Clocks?

Hi all,

Just got my hands on the RTX 3080 Aorus Master. I also upgraded my PSU to the Leadex III 850W. Rest of the build is in my signature below.

I tried to do some actual gaming yesterday, but I am getting a lot of these reported Crash-to-desktop/Kick-to-desktop issues. I managed to recognize them through the lines and distorted RGB colors on-screen whenever these crashes/kicks occur. I've also had a few BSOD's. I noticed that the card is trying to boost past 1950MHz. So I decided to pop the OC/Silent switch towards Silent Mode. It stayed at 1845MHz the whole time yesterday night at which point I do not get any crashes. However, I tried to play today and I noticed that the card is trying to boost to 1950MHz and beyond at which point I am getting these crashes/kicks again.

How do I maintain these lower and more stable boost clocks? Or is this not what I'm supposed to do? Any advice?

Solution
I will give that a shot, do I need to change the voltage, memory clocks, and/or others as well? Or simply just the GPU Clock?

The core clock is the one that sounds like it is giving you issues, so you can leave everything else alone. However if you want, after getting the core clock dialed in, you can probably safely increase the memory clock by 500-1000 MHz. Increasing your power and temperature limits might be good as well. But again, all you need to do to keep your boost clocks from going too high is to adjust your core clock down.
Hi all,

Just got my hands on the RTX 3080 Aorus Master. I also upgraded my PSU to the Leadex III 850W. Rest of the build is in my signature below.

I tried to do some actual gaming yesterday, but I am getting a lot of these reported Crash-to-desktop/Kick-to-desktop issues. I managed to recognize them through the lines and distorted RGB colors on-screen whenever these crashes/kicks occur. I've also had a few BSOD's. I noticed that the card is trying to boost past 1950MHz. So I decided to pop the OC/Silent switch towards Silent Mode. It stayed at 1845MHz the whole time yesterday night at which point I do not get any crashes. However, I tried to play today and I noticed that the card is trying to boost to 1950MHz and beyond at which point I am getting these crashes/kicks again.

How do I maintain these lower and more stable boost clocks? Or is this not what I'm supposed to do? Any advice?

Install msi afterburner and underclock your GPU in small increments until you have no issues.

I will give that a shot, do I need to change the voltage, memory clocks, and/or others as well? Or simply just the GPU Clock?

The core clock is the one that sounds like it is giving you issues, so you can leave everything else alone. However if you want, after getting the core clock dialed in, you can probably safely increase the memory clock by 500-1000 MHz. Increasing your power and temperature limits might be good as well. But again, all you need to do to keep your boost clocks from going too high is to adjust your core clock down.

Reactions: julienruc
Solution

TRENDING THREADS