Question 3080-lack luster fps in certain games

Knerk

Commendable
Feb 16, 2020
I recently bought a 3080 and noticed a nice upgrade in certain games from my 1070. However in certain games such as Warzone and Squad the fps is very low. Warzone fps isn't anything to write home about. I get half the fps in squad as someone with a 2070S on maxed settings at 1440p.

Specs:
i7 7800X @4ghz
32 gigs gskill ripjaw
Asus Strix x299e gaming
3080 Tuf OC
750W EVGA Supernova G3

Any help/ ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Knerk

Commendable
Feb 16, 2020
On warzone you should have like 120 to 160 FPS at 1440p maxed settings with a RTX 3080.

Did you try a full DDU uninstall of the drivers and a clean install of the latest drivers?
I believe I have done a fresh driver install but whats the best way about doing a clean uninstall?

I believe I have done a fresh driver install but whats the best way about doing a clean uninstall?

Here is the best way to reinstall your latest GPU drivers by doing a full cleanup of all the display drivers already installed.

• Download DDU - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
  • Download your latest GPU Drivers
  • Start DDU and choose "Restart in save mode"
  • While in safe mode unplug your internet cable or turn off your wifi internet.
  • Start DDU while in safe mode.
  • Choose at the right Nvidia for the GPU drivers to uninstall
  • Click on Clean and Reboot *Recommended.
  • After the cleanup the system will reboot normally not in safe mode.
  • Install the latest drivers you downloaded earlier
  • Reboot the system after the install.
  • Plug your internet or turn on wifi after all of this is over.

You should now have no issues with GPU drivers. Let me know if it fixed your issue or not.

Reactions: drivinfast247

Knerk

Commendable
Feb 16, 2020
Here is the best way to reinstall your latest GPU drivers by doing a full cleanup of all the display drivers already installed.

• Download DDU - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
  • Download your latest GPU Drivers
  • Start DDU and choose "Restart in save mode"
  • While in safe mode unplug your internet cable or turn off your wifi internet.
  • Start DDU while in safe mode.
  • Choose at the right Nvidia for the GPU drivers to uninstall
  • Click on Clean and Reboot *Recommended.
  • After the cleanup the system will reboot normally not in safe mode.
  • Install the latest drivers you downloaded earlier
  • Reboot the system after the install.
  • Plug your internet or turn on wifi after all of this is over.
You should now have no issues with GPU drivers. Let me know if it fixed your issue or not.
Didn't change anything. I honestly have no idea what else it could be. PCIE lanes or something? I don't know

you have a 7800x, guessing you have had for a while and haven't performed a clean windows 10 install in a while? might want to try it to see if a clean slate clears up any issues you may be having. I have a 3080 and I can tell you that if you aren't noticing a BIG difference from a 1070 there is a serious problem.

Knerk

Commendable
Feb 16, 2020
you have a 7800x, guessing you have had for a while and haven't performed a clean windows 10 install in a while? might want to try it to see if a clean slate clears up any issues you may be having. I have a 3080 and I can tell you that if you aren't noticing a BIG difference from a 1070 there is a serious problem.
I got brand new ssds so I installed windows about a year ago. Got rid of the old drive completely.