Question 3080 looks horrible on warzone?

Dec 27, 2021
I come from console... i just had a series x and play warzone it was crystal clear.

I bought a 3080 to get a better gaming experience... But i can't even see enemies 20-50meters away they look blurry /washed .... and far away enemies ... not even shot for me seeing them unless they shoot first and i just shoot back where the bullets coming from.

I TRIED LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

I have an asus 240hz monitor and cant be that because i tried 3 monitors already and same issue.

Also havent tried any other games since i only play warzone
Well a 3080 to play Warzone at 1080p is seriously wasted but that’s a separate matter.

When you played on the Series X was it a higher resolution?

I am not familiar with Warzone settings, not keen on the game but I do like Cold War & Vanguard. I own these games on both Series X and PC which I use a 3080 and 1440p. Even when using 4K on the Series X the pc version at 1440p (max settings no Ray Tracing) looks significantly better and easier to spot enemies at a distance. I would expect Warzone should be similar.

Dec 27, 2021
Well a 3080 to play Warzone at 1080p is seriously wasted but that’s a separate matter.

When you played on the Series X was it a higher resolution?

I am not familiar with Warzone settings, not keen on the game but I do like Cold War & Vanguard. I own these games on both Series X and PC which I use a 3080 and 1440p. Even when using 4K on the Series X the pc version at 1440p (max settings no Ray Tracing) looks significantly better and easier to spot enemies at a distance. I would expect Warzone should be similar.
Warzone is basically vanguard now.
On series x i was using same 1080p monitor but IT WAS CRYSTAL CLEAR.
I know 3080 for 1080p is wasted but even i raise my resolution to highest possible its still blurry

I’d try a fresh install of the gpu driver using DDU to remove current driver. I would also try a fresh install of the game. It’s hard to see this being a hardware problem so it seems more likely software/driver/settings.

It really would help to try another game. If you have game pass ultimate or can trial it a game like Gears 5 would be good to test on both the pc and series X.

Dec 27, 2021
I’d try a fresh install of the gpu driver using DDU to remove current driver. I would also try a fresh install of the game. It’s hard to see this being a hardware problem so it seems more likely software/driver/settings.

It really would help to try another game. If you have game pass ultimate or can trial it a game like Gears 5 would be good to test on both the pc and series X.
The problem is that i don't have series x anymore.
I won't be able to know the difference lol.
For warzone its upsetting honestly because this setup was expensive for it to come out like i am playing ps2 or something.

I uninstalled games 2x already.
I just tried ddu and nothing.

Feb 18, 2022
Hm, is there a chance you activated Nvidia DLSS and put it on Ultra Performance while you run the game in 1080p? That would make it look horrible.
DLSS is an AI-powered function for better frame rates while losing some image quality. Ultra Performance is a setting recommended for 8K, "Performance" for 4K, "Quality" for 2K and "Balanced" somewhere in between of the latter.
You might be comfortable without it at all.

A thing you can do to help you out confortably: Install Geforce Experience. It'll offer the option to optimize each game's graphics settings according to your system when you click optimize. Than you can adjust to your liking. With Warzone it will recommend pretty much everything turned up to the max on 1440p (even when you're on a 1080p monitor, it'll still look nice and won't push the limits of the RTX3080).

Last edited: