Question 3080 not receiving correct power delivery ?

Dubsy620

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
My ROG 3080 has the 3 red lights blinking on top of where you plug the power cables in which I have seen means it is not getting power delivery.

My build is as follows:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
PSU: Corsair RM850x
Case: CoolerMaster H500M
Cooler: CoolerMaster ml240 phantom
RAM: G.SKILL 32 gb 3600
Mobo: ROG Crosshair 7
SSD: Samsung 870 EVO 1 TB
HDD: WD Blue 4TB
GPU: ROG 3080

Was this graphics card working ok previously in this system or did you just get this 3080?

Do you have another graphics card, and if so, does that one work when installed?

Did you buy this graphics card new or used? Are you using a single PCI/PEG cable from the PSU to the graphics card or multiple ones and have you double checked that the cable are FULLY seated at both the PSU and graphics card ends. Might also try plugging the PSU end of the cable into one of the other PCI/4+4 modular board sockets to see if perhaps there is simply a problem on that power output or try a different PCIe/PEG power cable.

Dubsy620

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
Was this graphics card working ok previously in this system or did you just get this 3080?

Do you have another graphics card, and if so, does that one work when installed?

Did you buy this graphics card new or used? Are you using a single PCI/PEG cable from the PSU to the graphics card or multiple ones and have you double checked that the cable are FULLY seated at both the PSU and graphics card ends. Might also try plugging the PSU end of the cable into one of the other PCI/4+4 modular board sockets to see if perhaps there is simply a problem on that power output or try a different PCIe/PEG power cable.
I just got the 3080 recently. i had an rx580 and a 650 watt psu. The 3080 is new. i dont have another graphics card but the rx580 worked with my 850 watt power supply for the time i had that combo. Multiple cables because i dont have the ability to have it with one cable.

Dubsy620

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
are you having performance issues? i tried finding this info about the red lights on asus rog 3080 page couldn't find any information on that
Its not that I'm getting really bad performance. It just is not at the level I know my system can handle and I just want to tie all the loose ends to find the real culprit. And it would be nice to have a 3080 getting correct power delivery