[SOLVED] 3080 tachometer spikes for no apparent reason?

Switch87

Honorable
Sep 14, 2016
Hello,

I have these weird tachometer spikes after leaving a gpu intensive app. It sounds like a revving bike, from 0 to 1300 rpm in less than a second in a couple of second intervals.

The only way to make it stop is to use the auto fan curve that shuts down the fans below 50º.

I have no idea what could cause it, I'll link a picture bellow showing the fan curve and all sort of GPU data.

This is taken while iddle on the desktop after exiting a game, you can see the rpm's down on the bottom part:

bOprXJB.jpg

Solution
Sure, but this only happen at this temp (after exiting a game when the gpu is at around 45-50) not at the 70-75º mark
So that I understand you, are you using a custom fan curve to control the fans? Because the one you have showing is not shutting down the fans below 50c. The speed never go's below 35 percent. AT 50-45c it shows dropping from 45 percent fan speed to 40 percent fan speed.
Sure, but this only happen at this temp (after exiting a game when the gpu is at around 45-50) not at the 70-75º mark
So that I understand you, are you using a custom fan curve to control the fans? Because the one you have showing is not shutting down the fans below 50c. The speed never go's below 35 percent. AT 50-45c it shows dropping from 45 percent fan speed to 40 percent fan speed.

Solution

Switch87

Honorable
Sep 14, 2016

Yes that's the curve I'd like to use but for some odd reason at around 50c in idle it revs up and down unless I use the auto which turns them off bellow 50c