Question 3080 Ti: all 3 displayports are good but HDMI might not be. Options ?

May 14, 2022
Hi - so I have an EVGA 3080ti FTW3. It's powering a system whose main use is sim racing.

Computer specs here:
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/mjf9TW

I have 3x 32" monitors, and an extra 24" monitor on top for data/standings/etc.

My old setup:
  • 2060S, 2x DP ports, 2x HDMI ports.
  • 2x DP ports -> 2x 32" monitor
  • 1x HDMI port -> 1x 32" monitor
  • 1x HDMI port -> 1x 24" monitor (HDMI to DVI cable)
My current setup
  • 3080ti, 3x DP ports, 1x HDMI port
  • 3x DP ports -> 3x 32" monitor
  • 1x HDMI port -> 1x 24" monitor
On my old 2060S, the 24" monitor worked fine. With the 3080ti I haven't gotten it to work yet.

I tried unplugging one of the displayports and doing 3080ti HDMI port -> 3rd AOC monitor HDMI port and I get no signal. It could be the port, it could be the cable.

I have some additional permutations I can try (can I get the old Dell to work with some other input device, can I try other HDMI cables, etc etc).

But assuming the 3080ti's HDMI port is b0rked, what's the easiest way to get another video output from the PC?

I can think of at least 3 options:
  • RMA the card back to EVGA. I haven't ruled this out, EVGA's warranty is good, etc etc. but it's a pain in the ass.
  • Get a different CPU with integrated graphics and use that to power the 4th monitor. More $$
  • Get a 2nd cheapie video card and use that to power the 4th monitor. The motherboard has another PCIE slot but it's totally blocked by the massiveness of the 3080ti.
I know the Right Answer is to RMA the card but our league is mid season and I don't want to mail it out any time soon.

Are there any other Wrong Answers that can work around this issue (assuming it's not the cable, not the monitor)?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS