[SOLVED] 3080 Ti Founders crashing system

Aug 25, 2021
Certain games have been causing my pc to crash after upgrading to a 3080 Ti. Cyberpunk, Insurgency sandstorm, and others have caused crashes, whilst Beatsaber works perfectly fine. The only thing that is overclocked in the memory, and that was working fine with the previous GPU. I had AMD drivers still installed, so I used DDU to get rid of everything and did a fresh NVidia driver install, still no luck. Temps seem to be about what's expected when running Furmark.

Specs:
3080 Ti Founders
cx750m PSU
Ryzen 2600
MSI Gaming Plus B450
16GB Corsair VEGENCE LPX 3000Mhz C15 (Overclocked 3133Mhz)
1TB MP600
240GB Sandisk SSD
90GB Corsair Force GT
4000D airflow Case with 5 case fans, (front intake).

Last edited:
Solution
Certain games have been causing my pc to crash after upgrading to a 3080 Ti. Cyberpunk, Insurgency sandstorm, and others have caused crashes, whilst Beatsaber works perfectly fine. The only thing that is overclocked in the memory, and that was working fine with the previous GPU. I had AMD drivers still installed, so I used DDU to get rid of everything and did a fresh NVidia driver install, still no luck. Temps seem to be about what's expected when running Furmark.

Specs:
3080 Ti Founders
cx750m PSU
Ryzen 2600
MSI Gaming Plus B450
16GB Corsair VEGENCE LPX 3000Mhz C15
1TB MP600
240GB Sandisk SSD
90GB Corsair Force GT

RTX founders edition uusually have high RAM temps at stock...

Specs:
3080 Ti Founders
cx750m PSU
Ryzen 2600
MSI Gaming Plus B450
16GB Corsair VEGENCE LPX 3000Mhz C15
1TB MP600
240GB Sandisk SSD
90GB Corsair Force GT

RTX founders edition uusually have high RAM temps at stock settings, higher than partners boards.

My suggestion is put it back memory frecuency to stock.

Last edited:
Solution

vladakv

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016
Check Windows Event Viewer and under custom events you will see administrative events. There you could find errors with codes. It could help. Or it could be bad driver. Use ddu and try with older gpu driver.

TRENDING THREADS