[SOLVED] 3080rtx vs 2080ti sli

infira

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
My purpose is to play games 4k@144hz with much FPS as possible. My main games are, BF4,BF5, all call of duty, and other similar FPS games
its pointless me to sell my 2080ti cause the price as dropped so much and i don't know when 3090 will be in stock again. Could be forever.

Many forums posts have suggested that SLI is no long term solution(i agree) and many games doesnt support SLI.
However many youtube videos shows very good performance with sli with so many games. What gives?

What do u guys think about buy another 2080ti.

Solution
That is because Nvidia was still working on specific game drivers with SLi profiles.

As of now, Nvidia will give independent game studios to code the stuff Nvidia used to put
and with the only current gen sli rig costing 3000$, I think the incentive for game developers to add that feature, is quite small.
That is because Nvidia was still working on specific game drivers with SLi profiles.

As of now, Nvidia will give independent game studios to code the stuff Nvidia used to put
and with the only current gen sli rig costing 3000$, I think the incentive for game developers to add that feature, is quite small.

Solution
never sli, its generally a bad idea, and the support for sli have never been worse these past years, less and less dev cares about sli, some games dont support it at all, in some you get loss of performance. Not to mention suttering and other minor issue.

sli is dead

TRENDING THREADS