[SOLVED] 3080ti and 2070S running in parallel problems

Aug 3, 2021
Hello! I have a 3080TI that is running my racing sim (3 monitors all in an nvidia surround) and then the one center gaming monitor on my desk. This is working flawlessly. I then have 2 monitors that I have plugged into the 2070S as side monitors on my desk for when I am doing work and such. These 2 monitors are struggling with even youtube. They are laggy as can be and are down to slideshows when youtube is up. I am not sure what I have done wrong here.... Interestingly when I first plugged this all in and got it running - this issue was NOT here. I watched youtube on my side monitors and even played the sim while watching youtube and all was fine and dandy. I have of course updated all drivers.

• Ryzen 9 3900X
  • ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MOBO
  • with the 3080 on PCI 16-1 and the 2070 on the PCI-16 - 3 port
  • 32GB of DDR4
  • Dual M.2 drives
  • 650W power supply UPDATE - now running a Corsair RM1000X - No changes - still issues.
I am using both M.2 drives on the motherboard and I am wondering if I am somehow using too much bandwidth on the motherboard? I dont know much about it I just remember reading something about that.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
google chrome hard ware acceleration setting maybe?

did your advanced display settings default to a lower refresh rate, would that just change across all monitors or would that have to be done for each detected monitor
Nvidia recommends a 750 watt power supply for the RTX 3080 Ti. You are using both a RTX 3080 Ti and an RTX 2070 with a power supply that is 100 watts less than what Nvidia recommends for just the 3080 Ti.

I'd say start there.

You should upgrade to at least a 850 watt power supply, preferably something like a Corsair RM850x.

Aug 3, 2021
Nvidia recommends a 750 watt power supply for the RTX 3080 Ti. You are using both a RTX 3080 Ti and an RTX 2070 with a power supply that is 100 watts less than what Nvidia recommends for just the 3080 Ti.

I'd say start there.

You should upgrade to at least a 850 watt power supply, preferably something like a Corsair RM850x.
I did not see that when I got it! I will start there. The 1000w is only a couple bucks more and I pick it up tomorrow. See if that helps

DSzymborski

Titan
Are you doing anything graphically intensive on the side monitors? Because just using Windows utilizes basically nothing of the GPU's processing abilities and you could run side monitors off of the 3080 Ti with zero impact. Now, if your 2070 is doing some heavy lifting at the same time, that's different.

perrynick17

Commendable
BANNED
Dec 30, 2018

did your advanced display settings default to a lower refresh rate, would that just change across all monitors or would that have to be done for each detected monitor

Last edited:
Solution
Aug 3, 2021
Are you doing anything graphically intensive on the side monitors? Because just using Windows utilizes basically nothing of the GPU's processing abilities and you could run side monitors off of the 3080 Ti with zero impact. Now, if your 2070 is doing some heavy lifting at the same time, that's different.
I cannot because I already have 4 monitors on the 3080TI

Aug 3, 2021

I'd say start there.

OK done - updated and still having issues. literally a slideshow when doing NOTHING but running youtube on the side monitors.

Aug 3, 2021

Interesting... this seemed to help. It is not quite perfect but turning that off was a lot better.

I have gone through one by one and set all monitors to their max. the side monitors are limited to 60 while the rest are 145

Simply moving the chrome window to the center monitor that is run on the 3080TI makes everything perfect again.