Question 3080ti FE high usage in COD

davidbyrne50

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
Hi all.

I’am currently running a Ryzen 9 5900x and an RTX3080ti founders. I have 32GB RAM also.

I play rocket league, gta 5 which both give fairly low GPU usage.

When I play Warzone or Vanguard, even sat in lobby my GPU usage shoots up to around 96%. Whilst playing in Vanguard I’m getting around 200-210FPS and gameplay feels completely normal but as mentioned I’m sat at round 95-97% usage on my GPU, I can also hear a buzzing sound which I’ve read is the coil. I don’t remember having usage like this on my old GTX1060.

I’ve spoken to someone who runs a 3070 and he only uses around 26% whilst playing Warzone..

I have updated my BIOS to the latest version and my graphics card drivers are also up to date.

Does anyone have an ideas what my issue is?

davidbyrne50

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
It's not a problem, it just means that with your configuration you are utilising your gpu to its full potential.

Can you check the resolution, I'd have thought it was higher.

Are you using max game settings including Ray Tracing and DLSS?

I can check it when I get home later on, I know DLSS is definitely turned off. Quality was set to high and ray tracing im unsure on, again something I can check later on when I get home.

davidbyrne50

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
It's not a problem, it just means that with your configuration you are utilising your gpu to its full potential.

Can you check the resolution, I'd have thought it was higher.

Are you using max game settings including Ray Tracing and DLSS?

OK

Resolution is 1920x1080 as I first thought. DLSS is OFF & ray tracing is off. FPS is anything around 135-175 on Warzone and temps around 71c