[SOLVED] 3080Ti will be pci 4?

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
is it make sense to buy even a 9900k atm? as it has no pcie 4....
I wanted to order the parts ( z390,cooler,9900k,etc) next week.

maybe i should buy the z490 platform, just in case i want to upgrade my gpu in a few years?????

( ATM running a 1080ti... )

so final question:
order 9900k now, or wait another month for 10700k / 10900K?

Solution
D
Do you want to wait all summer in lock down with no good PC only to see that 10 gen is a power hungry and the gains are not that much ?
D

Deleted member 1560910

Do you want to wait all summer in lock down with no good PC only to see that 10 gen is a power hungry and the gains are not that much ?

Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

Get yourself an AMD 3950x And say goodbye to intel forever. Then you can use PCIE 4.0 as devices are released

Reactions: Dj0gany
D

Deleted member 1560910

And another thing faster hardware is pointless for gaming. What games are coming out ? honestly what games are out now ? BF5 ? you are going to invest in a new tech which hasn't been tested in a games like BF6 which last game was a utter failure. It your cash and your time. What games are coming out ? Assassins Creed ? which isnt even a Assassins creed style game anymore but a 60 dollar game which is pay to win. PC gaming ha crashed no one realizes it. If you use Computer for other things then more cores can only be good news