[SOLVED] 3090 Capacitor Alignment

DoZZa

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Hey guys, I've received my ASUS Strix OC 3090 finally!

I've inspected the card and noticed that a few of the capacitors are out of alignment, wonky.

It's been installed and appears to be working absolutely fine. But I am not sure that this is supposed to look like this.

What do you think?

0DmtO5M.jpg

Solution

I've inspected the card and noticed that a few of the capacitors are out of alignment, wonky.

It's been installed and appears to be working absolutely fine. But I am not sure that this is supposed to look like this.

What do you think?

0DmtO5M.jpg
ive actually seen several like that, unless there is an issue i wouldn't worry about it. I thought the same thing when I saw the crooked MLCCs for the first time

DoZZa

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
That is funny! Looks like they hand soldered them after CAPGate!

You know what, that's exactly what I thought!

What with the delay with getting these cards, part of me thinks ASUS initially used the poor quality caps, saw the uproar that these caps caused and then installed better ones! Hence the delay!

I'm not clued up when it comes to electronics, but looking closer, it seems that these caps are soldered to the same copper contact patch, so I'd imagine that this isn't an issue. But perhaps poor quality control. Again, I'm no expert!

I do have another Strix OC 3090 due to be delivered any time now, so it will be interesting to see if that is the same.

What do you think?

0DmtO5M.jpg
ive actually seen several like that, unless there is an issue i wouldn't worry about it. I thought the same thing when I saw the crooked MLCCs for the first time

Solution