Reputable
Dec 10, 2016
Sorry if this doesn't belong here

Specs:
Gigabyte X299X DESIGNARE 10G
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA
AORUS Gen4 AIC Adaptor
Fractal Design Define 7 XL

So here's the issue. I'm a colorist, so I use the AORUS as my footage drive (4 m.2 drives in RAID) and it has to be in PCIe Slot 1 or 3 (those run full 16) and obviously, I want the 3090 in the other full slot (and I'm told the one closest to the CPU). So when I have the two cards in their respective slots there is almost no room between the cards, so the 3090 doesn't have anywhere for the air to blow. I purchased the VRC-25 from Fractal, but the 3090 is too big to fit in the side slots, and the AORUS fits, but there isn't enough clearance for the 3090.
I know there is the EK-Loop Vertical GPU Holder but it's expensive (especially since it ships from overseas) and I'm not 100% convinced it would solve my problem. Is there any other vertical mount like that that will work? I know Fractal has its own, but it's two slots max, and my GPU is 2.75. One other thing I'm thinking about is getting an eGPU enclosure for the AORUS, but I really don't want to tie up one of my Thunderbolt ports. Is it possible to attach an eGPU enclosure directly to the PCIe slot on my mobo?

neojack

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
or maybe it's a sign for going custom watercooling :D it's fun and very time consuming and expensive. Tip : you can save tremendously by ordering Bysky / Barrow WC gear on aliexpress

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS