Reputable
Dec 10, 2016
Sorry if this doesn't belong here

Specs:
Gigabyte X299X DESIGNARE 10G
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA
AORUS Gen4 AIC Adaptor
Fractal Design Define 7 XL

So here's the issue. I'm a colorist, so I use the AORUS as my footage drive (4 m.2 drives in RAID) and it has to be in PCIe Slot 1 or 3 (those run full 16) and obviously, I want the 3090 in the other full slot (and I'm told the one closest to the CPU). So when I have the two cards in their respective slots there is almost no room between the cards, so the 3090 doesn't have anywhere for the air to blow. I purchased the VRC-25 from Fractal, but the 3090 is too big to fit in the side slots, and the AORUS fits, but there isn't enough clearance for the 3090.
I know there is the EK-Loop Vertical GPU Holder but it's expensive (especially since it ships from overseas) and I'm not 100% convinced it would solve my problem. Is there any other vertical mount like that that will work? I know Fractal has its own, but it's two slots max, and my GPU is 2.75. One other thing I'm thinking about is getting an eGPU enclosure for the AORUS, but I really don't want to tie up one of my Thunderbolt ports. Is it possible to attach an eGPU enclosure directly to the PCIe slot on my mobo?