31,5 or 28 with g-sync for more wow effect?

Maciej_BXL

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016
I am looking to upgrade my screen to 4k.

My rig:
benq XL2720Z 1080p at 144Hz
asus hero vii
i7 4770K @ 4,5GHz
8gb @ 2133
Gigabyte Gi 1080 +100 core +450 mem
My only game is World of Tanks, I have seen 4k gameplay with 1080, my rig should be enough.

Now, my dilemma is to choose one of these two to have the most wow effect in comparison with my current 27 inch screen:

1. LG 32UD59-B, freesync, more screen, 400 euros new

2. Acer Predator XB281HK, g-sync, 1 year old with warranty, 350 euro

Which is better: more screen real estate or 1 extra inch and g-sync?

TIA

Solution
I'd say it depends what game you play. FPS games you might want the G-Sync to eliminate any potential stutters and lags. If you plays mostly RPG games that don't require split second decisions, I'd go for the real estate. Also if you're a content creator or do lots of work like I do, I'd go with a larger screen anytime.

They're both solid choices though. I don't think there's a wrong decision here.
I'd say it depends what game you play. FPS games you might want the G-Sync to eliminate any potential stutters and lags. If you plays mostly RPG games that don't require split second decisions, I'd go for the real estate. Also if you're a content creator or do lots of work like I do, I'd go with a larger screen anytime.

They're both solid choices though. I don't think there's a wrong decision here.

Solution

By the way... Is this the monitor you're planning to buy?
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01EN5JN5K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MGD6BbS2VP6KZ

Because it's a scam. I tried to buy it myself last week but they asked to contact them directly to "check" if address is valid for delivery. They send me a very convincing Amazon-looking invoice with a very convincing e-mail address that resemble's Amazon's one. BUT. they asked for manual payment and refused to get paid through Amazon's payment system.
= Scam

I reported them.

Maciej_BXL

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016
Thanks for the info. I am looking to buy the LG from coolblue.be, their price is 399 euro and I can go into a brick-and-mortar store and see the screen before I buy it. I live in Brussels and they have a store nearby, in Zaventem.

Cheers,

M.

Maciej_BXL

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016
Just to let u know, I went with the LG and I am very happy with it. My rig keeps the fps at over 60 Hz, so lack of g-sync is not a problem. Great value at 399.