Question 32-bit / 4Gb Limit / PAE (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surtsey

Reputable
Jul 2, 2019
I'm not a gamer and have no desire or reason to spend time and money installing a 64-bit operating system. My desktop has 12Gb of RAM but doesn't use it. In the screen shot Firefox has 35 tabs open, Chrome has six, Word has two documents open. A news programme is streaming on Youtube.

My HTPC has 4GB ram (3.41 available). Part of the RAM is shared with the HD4400 gpu. It seems that PAE and Intel Graphics drivers don't get along.

My question: if I install more RAM in the HTPC is there any way the shared portion can be mapped above 4Gb like as if it was a discreet graphics card.

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
That's nonsense. As I stated in the OP I have 12Gb in my desktop. Please read the OP before answering.
You do not know the difference between having 12GB and addressing all 12GB. Meaning you do not understand the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit.

You should understand what you are talking about before you argue with those that actually do.

Surtsey

Reputable
Jul 2, 2019
No, it is not, as you put it, "nonsense". 4GB is the maximum addressable by 32-bit Windows. You want more then you must install a 64-bit version. That means a full wipe and rebuild. Otherwise live with what you have.
Like I said - nonsense. I asked a question that requires an answer from knowledgeable people. I'm not sure how to upload a graphic but I assure you: I have Windows 10 professional 32-bit.

Task Manager reports:
In use: 4.5GB Available: 7.3GB
Committed: 6.0 / 14.GB Cached 5.2GB
Paged pool: 279MB Non-paged pool: 122MB

Like I said - nonsense. I asked a question that requires an answer from knowledgeable people. I'm not sure how to upload a graphic but I assure you: I have Windows 10 professional 32-bit.

Task Manager reports:
In use: 4.5GB Available: 7.3GB
Committed: 6.0 / 14.GB Cached 5.2GB
Paged pool: 279MB Non-paged pool: 122MB
And you HAVE received an answer from knowledgeable people. The fact that you do not want to hear it doesn't change the fact that you cannot address more than 4GB of RAM with a 32-bit version of Windows. No amount of magic or hand waving will change this. As it appears that you have no intention of accepting this and will continue to argue, I will now close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.