32 bit / 64 bit

mt1

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
Hi guys.
As you probably noticed lately, gaming industry publishes games compatible with 64 bit only machines. good example of that is the latest "Dragon Age: Inquisition" game, which you can't run on a 32 bit computer.
As a gamer who run games on win 8.1 32 bit machine (compatible with 64 bit) i've come to a cross road - seems like I have no option but to install the new 64 machine and risk the rest of my work because of the new Windows installation.
my first Question is - Can i install 64 bit alongside 32 bit on the same drive? will i be able to keep working on windows 8.1 32 bit and play on the other after restart?
second - is it possible/recommended to install 64 bit on a virtualBox for example?

Thank you dearly for advice and knowledge

mt1

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
I do have a spare HD, actually more than one, but they are external and used for backups.
win 8.1 32 bit is already installed on the main hard drive ( C: )and i don't want to change it - lots of work, apps and programs are stored there and this is the main reason i'm looking for another way to install the 64 bit...

mt1

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
ok. I can spare one of the outer drives for installing win 64 bit, but is it any good for gaming? won't it slow things down considerably?