32 bit World Of Warcraft Microstutter

Stardust342

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012
For some reason I encounter a microstutter when playing 32 bit versions of WoW. If I play the 64 bit version, it's silky smooth. Ofc a simple solution would be only play the 64 bit version, but if I want to play WotLK or previous versions, those are only 32 bit. Here are my specs;
CPU: FX-9590
GPU: HD7950
RAM: 2x8gb 2400mhz
I've tried pretty much every combinations of settings on 32 bit WotLK and all result in microstutter. FPS drops super low for a second, then goes back to normal. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Solution
I solved the problem. I did a clean install of 14.3 drivers, but that's probably not what fixed it. I also installed Audio Drivers (for the first time, because they were really big and windows drivers worked just fine) and the microstutter just vanished. It also fixed a similar, but not as noticeable microstutter in Crysis 3. It also solved a game breaking micro stutter in Rust that was just awful. The sad part is, on the 3-4 forums I posted this problem, for WoW and Rust, no one even suggested this...

Gathorisx

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Why would you run it in 32-bit, when you have a 64bit system? It might not be able to use your system resources as well as a 64bit version

Try running it in compatibility mode by right clicking it, and running it in 32bit or earlier windows mode

Stardust342

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012

Gathorisx

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

I was quoting your question, sorry if it looked like that.

Stardust342

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012

You asked why I would run 32 bit , but I already stated why I might have to.
Anyways, I've tried XP SP3 and 2000 but it still stutters quite noticeably.

Mouldread

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
Hello Stardust342,

the expansions you have mentioned are all only playable on private servers (as you well know) and the problem with playing on such realms is that there aren't always (not to say never) ran on a good hardware, not to mention they are plagued with bugs.

Some of the negative gaming experience may be related to incompatibilities with GPU drivers and the old version of the WoW client (try installing some legacy drivers) but a big part of it is the general latency between the client and the server. You would get "rubber banding" effect, "teleporting" chars, "time wrapping" and what not which could very much reassemble the micro stutter and FPS drop you describe.

But the best place to ask or check for advice with similar problems would be the website of the private server itself. (not trying to promote illegal gaming here).

You didn't mention what OS are you using, if it's Windows 8 it could have some issues too I presume.

Stardust342

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012

I can guarantee you it is not the server or any sort of network lag as it micro stutters even before I sign in. (The 3D animations on the login screen are stuttering as well) Also I am running Windows 7.

Stardust342

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012
I solved the problem. I did a clean install of 14.3 drivers, but that's probably not what fixed it. I also installed Audio Drivers (for the first time, because they were really big and windows drivers worked just fine) and the microstutter just vanished. It also fixed a similar, but not as noticeable microstutter in Crysis 3. It also solved a game breaking micro stutter in Rust that was just awful. The sad part is, on the 3-4 forums I posted this problem, for WoW and Rust, no one even suggested this...

Solution