Question 32 GB(15.9 GB usable) on Ryzen 2700x?

Feb 18, 2019
X470 Aorus gaming 7 mother board on latest bios .
Using 32 gb of ram and only able to use I ran in to a strange problem em only able to use (15.9 GB)
Tried few things nothing seem to be working.

X470 Aorus gaming 7 mother board on latest bios .
Using 32 gb of ram and only able to use I ran in to a strange problem em only able to use (15.9 GB)
Tried few things nothing seem to be working.

What were the few things you tried? Reversing their order MIGHT help. RAM is USUALLY installed in 1 and 3 slots and the other 2 in 2 and 4. Switch 1 with 3 and 2 with 4. Perform a cmos reset after each switch.

Reactions: Alexei Orkus
Feb 18, 2019
Just verify your ram is running in dual channel mode.
Switching to single channel mode will hurt performance.

Correct config for 2 modules in dual channel on this motherboard is
DDR4_4/DDR4_3 or​
DDR4_2/DDR4_1.​
(Slot ordering looking from cpu is 4/2/3/1)
Mine is on DDR4_4 AND DDR4_3(AS marked on mother board )
Ive checked through CPU Z
IT SHOWS DUAL CHANNEL THERE
IS there any way i could check if my memory is running at 3200mhz in bios i e selected profile 1and it say 3200MHZ ON IT ,is there any way i could find our?

Prime 95(Do NOT upgrade, ever.), memtest64 and Windows'(see below for instructions)' integrated memory testing utility can show if there is a current issue.
  1. Open the Control Panel
  2. Click Administrative Tools
  3. Click Windows Memory Diagnostic. [You can also launch the tool by entering "mdsched" in the search bar.]
  4. Select "Restart now and check for problems" or "Check for problems the next time I start my computer" [If you opt to restart and run the tool now, just be sure to save your work and close any open programs for before doing so.]
  5. Select your memory test options and run the test [Once the machine restarts, the tool will launch and run the memory test. You can press F1 to change the test options or just let it run with the standard settings.]
  6. Let the test run [The test could take a few minutes{or longer}.]
A diagnostic utility can and does make mistakes and misreads sensor information so make sure to explore your options.