[SOLVED] 32 GB MicroSD Card filesystem got corrupted. Asks formatting. Any chance to recover data before?

Steaua10

Prominent
Mar 22, 2020
Hi.
On my 32 GB Apacer microSD card the filesystem got corrupted. Either of due of a faulty USB port, or ejecting the drive while was some in process.
Now the device see the microSD card as RAW a filesystem, and both PC and smartphone asks me to format the SD card.
Code:
C:\Windows\System32>chkdsk /f I:
The type of the file system is RAW.
CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives.

WJt8b0k.png

I am not going to format it.
Is there any chance to recover data?
I know for USB drives there was a software like a logical Repair Tool which in some cases helped. For microSD is there such a software?

Or which free software for data recovery in this case can you recommend? Disk Drill shows that there could be resotored data, but in free version it's limited to 500 MB or 1 GB, while I need some 30 GB. Recuva can't do anything on RAW system.

Any advices?

Solution
I just noticed that the issue might occur due to USB ports/device Disconnecting and Reconnecting on their own...
Actually this thing could damage the SD card connected via card reader.
And also this does not let to end the process of creating image of SD card; each time it get interrupted...
Found around the web a similar issue reported[1][2]; now digging into it...

If the USB port itself working correctly but the card disappears, then you need HDDSuperClone + power relay. It can do the trick: resets the card when that disappears.

img

Prominent
Dec 27, 2020
It's your forune that CHKDSK doesn't handle raw drives because it just worsen the things in most cases.

Forget about Active@ / Aomei / BPlan / Disk Drill / EaseUs / iBeeSoft / iBoySoft / Minitool / RecoverIT / Stellar 'cause all of them is an overmarketed crapware.

First rule of thumb: never stress the failing device with extensive usage! Image the card with DDRescue or HDDSuperClone (both works under Linux) and work on that image: it puts minimal stress on the card itself. Finally scan the image with DMDE or R-Studio, and save the recovered files to another storage!

Steaua10

Prominent
Mar 22, 2020
I just noticed that the issue might occur due to USB ports/device Disconnecting and Reconnecting on their own...
And also this does not let to end the process of creating image of SD card; each time it get interrupted...

img

Prominent
Dec 27, 2020

If the USB port itself working correctly but the card disappears, then you need HDDSuperClone + power relay. It can do the trick: resets the card when that disappears.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS