[SOLVED] 32 inch 1440p 144hz?

ShadowOfEnvy85

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2014
i've been looking around the market for a few days now and managed to come up with a few contenders to win the money in my wallet currently.
im just looking for a bit of advice as to which of the three is the best or if there are any others i should consider.

here's the list so far:

ASUS ROG STRIX Curved XG32VQ
BenQ EX3203R
AOC AGON AG322QC4

i normally play fps like csgo, mw, arma etc so low input lag is a must.
32 inch is preferred also, as it will be used for netflix and movies etc.

i looked at the ASUS monitor in PCWorld over the weekend and the picture quality was fantastic, but i've read that the the response time on it isn't fantastic.

anyone got any suggestions?

ShadowOfEnvy85

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2014
I7-9700k @4.8ghz
Asus z390-f
Msi Rtx 2070 super gaming x trio
Be quiet dark base pro 900 rev 2
Be quiet silent loop 360mm
Be quiet dark power pro 11 750w
Adata 1tb m2
Samsung 860 evo 250gb
Gigabyte 250gb
Seagate 1tb hdd

ok, all three are rated at the same response time of 4ms and offer all the same benefits of hdr and and 144hz refresh rate.. The Asus and the Aoc models are rated the highest in reviews. I believe Asus nudges out the Aoc.. So it comes down to price and length of warranties. Aoc price/ Warranty:$493-Agon re-spawned Warranty: 4-year zero dead Pixel guarantee + 4-year advance replacement + 1-year (one-time) accidental damage Warranty
Asus price/warranty:$515-Industry leading 3 years warranty with rapid replacement.

Consider the LG 32GK650G-B ?

A few less features than the 32GK850G. Certainly less expensive.

Do a comparison on the difference in features.

I think the 650 has no usb ports or light ring like the 850 according to online reviews, but do your research to confirm. Cheaper packaging, supposedly functionally identical?

A good review of the 850:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wENM8o_rIA8&t=968s

Reactions: drivinfast247
Solution
I'll echo the above and say check out the LG-32GK850G-B. Overclocks to 165hz without issue. Great colors. NO backlight bleed. It doesn't have HDR, but technically neither do the others(hdr400 isn't real, lol).

Dang! I wonder if they stopped production of the Gsync model.

It looks the the 650 variant is the Freesync version without the cool LED back lighting and 165hz overclocking. Reviews say it works perfectly with Gsync, though.

Last edited:

ShadowOfEnvy85

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2014
thanks for all the replies everyone

after a little more research and a trip down to pcworld, i sat behind the asus monitor i mentioned at the start and decided to get that one.
i looked into the LG monitor you guys mentioned and its a little out of my price range and i've read that the viewing angles arent fantastic. in the uk its priced around £530-580 whereas the asus is more £430.

after sitting down with the asus monitor, the picture quality is fantastic, the colours are amazing, the size is perfect and the price is a little expensive but not out of my budget.

it comes tomorrow so i'll let you guys know what i think when its linked to my rig :)

ShadowOfEnvy85

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2014
came today, just as expected.

played csgo and stranded deep and the colours are incredible. buttery smooth experience with the g-sync.
i upgraded from an old tv for netflix and a small 22in 1440x900 monitor for gaming and me and the mrs were amazed at the difference.

could not recommend the asus monitor enough now. thanks for the help and the comments though :)

TRENDING THREADS