[SOLVED] 32 or 27 inches?

JoSTAR

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Kind of stuck with choosing between 2 monitors and need a little assistance. Already done all the extensive research so I know what I'm getting myself into with these guys. Basically looking into a good secondary monitor that I can do some editing, gaming and for my PS4 Pro to get some use. Here's the 2 options:
The 27"
https://www.lg.com/us/business/commercial-display/products/desktop-monitors/lg-27UD68P-B
and the 32"
https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32UD60-B-4k-uhd-led-monitor

They're both about similiar spec and UI wise; just size and panels are different. Thanks for taking the time to read :)

Solution
YOUR eyes will be the determining factor on size. If it works for YOU, then nobody can say it's not the right choice. At that point, if you are good with that resolution at the distance you will use, and if 4k text and other details are ok for you on a 27" monitor, then that's your call.

For me, at any distance, it's too small. I need it to be 32" for 4k at the distance I place my monitors. For some, that's not going to be the same preference and if it's ok, then quality of the display will of course be the determining factor.

I think 4k at 27" is too small. Having looked at both on many occasions, there is no way I'd choose a 4k monitor for general Windows usage that was smaller than 32" if you can in any way make it work with the space you have.

Your best bet would be to visit a location that offers 4k displays in both sizes, regardless that the models are different, and see what your eyes tell YOU from a distance that will be similar to what you'll have arranged on your own battlestation.

Not just that, keep in mind I'm still on 1080p. But I moved from a 24 inch 60hz to 27 inch 144hz. However, just the screen size can be a big difference.

Depending how close you will sit, you may find much more than like the 27 inch is too large for you. Especially when you are playing fps titles, if you have a curved screen for example, you might see that again, depending how far away your are sitting, that you have a harder time seeing all the action on the sides. So basically your peripheral vision.

At least that was the case for me at first. That was a 27 inch for me at first.

JoSTAR

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Thanks for the feedback guys. Forgot to mention that just for reference my current Secondary is this monitor:
https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32MA70HY-P-led-monitor

I wouldn't mind going 27" but like Dark said it could be too small for 4K. However I am finding a lot of good quality 27" 4K monitors at a decent price so it's a pretty tough choice. I just found out about the LG 27 UK650-W that seems really good as well but it's 27"

YOUR eyes will be the determining factor on size. If it works for YOU, then nobody can say it's not the right choice. At that point, if you are good with that resolution at the distance you will use, and if 4k text and other details are ok for you on a 27" monitor, then that's your call.

For me, at any distance, it's too small. I need it to be 32" for 4k at the distance I place my monitors. For some, that's not going to be the same preference and if it's ok, then quality of the display will of course be the determining factor.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS