[SOLVED] 3200 mhz dual channel Ram is showing 2133 mhz despite turning xmp on.

Dec 4, 2020
My 5600x system uses B550M Aorus Pro P.

It shows xmp profile of 3200mhz but even if its on im only seeing 2133mhz.

please help. Is the motherboard the problem here? or is it the ram?

LTT forums said try Ryzen master but i dunno what to do with that.

PS: Ram is 16x2 Gskill tridentz neo 3200mhz

Dec 4, 2020
Hmm ok, yeah ram is running at 2133.

How did you go about enabling XMP in the bios? Did you set XMP profile of 3200 then save & exit?

yes. i saved and exited. but the problem is after that the pc stops and starts 3 times before it finally boots. not sure if thats normal or not. but if i go in bios after that, it does show xmp enabled.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
https://i.postimg.cc/RVZhRd2k/1.jpg

The ram stick are now in A2 ANd B2.

Are you sure? Your bios screenshot says A1/B1. Check the motherboard, the ram should be in slots;

iPgqg.png

Cpuz did say slot 2, so didn't think this might be an issue earlier.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
https://i.postimg.cc/RVZhRd2k/1.jpg

Can you see this? This was a few hours back when i first saw the problem. THe ram stick are now in A2 ANd B2 so no problem there. Should i still do the manual timings of what you said?
Is that the memory slots the motherboard manual tells you to use. If yes then set the manual timings and speed to increase your performance.

Solution
Dec 4, 2020
Is that the memory slots the motherboard manual tells you to use. If yes then set the manual timings and speed to increase your performance.

Ok. i disabled xmp. manually set 3000, got the timings 16 18 18 18 38 and then saved. it started and stopped 3 times again. then i entered the bios again to check and those things were set, but it still shows 2133.

Dec 4, 2020
Oh ok fair enough.

Check dram voltage is being set to 1.35v, in either case of automatic XMP or manual.

Your bios screenshot shows dram voltage at 1.38, so think it is being set properly but just making sure.

Ok. i disabled xmp. manually set 3000, got the timings 16 18 18 18 38 and then saved. it started and stopped 3 times again. then i entered the bios again to check and those things were set, but it still shows 2133.

i did what the other guy said. but any timing i manually set the mother board just stops and starts 3-4 times before booting.