Question 3200 Ram for Asrock b450m Steel Legend + R5 3600 ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Oct 30, 2019
Are they compatible in XMP with the motherboard? the qvl lists are so poorly made..

Also, is anyone running the Team T-Force Delta RGB 3200 with this motherboard ? i'd really pick those for the aesthetics, but i don't know if they work well..

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The QVL is not a make or break, they are simply a guide. In effect the QVL shows the RAM modules that the motherboard manufacturer has tested, not necessarily which ones are and aren't compatible.

The best way to find out compatiblility is to actually go to the RAM module manufacturers support list as they are more likely to have tested it on most motherboards.

What is it about the T-Force? The RGB? In which case, yes fine:

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $69.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-30 17:28 EDT-0400

Oct 30, 2019
The QVL is not a make or break, they are simply a guide. In effect the QVL shows the RAM modules that the motherboard manufacturer has tested, not necessarily which ones are and aren't compatible.

The best way to find out compatiblility is to actually go to the RAM module manufacturers support list as they are more likely to have tested it on most motherboards.

What is it about the T-Force? The RGB? In which case, yes fine:

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $69.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-30 17:28 EDT-0400

Well i tried the QVL on their website ( of the RAM manufacturer ) and its crap, they don't even list the 3200 mhz, and you can't understand what's going on there either, that's why i'm here

On a side note, https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813145081 would this be better than the asrock steel legend ?

take a look at this, i recommend ballistix sport lt. i have them in 3000 mhz cl 15 version and they run at 3800 mhz cl 16 atm. i paid 68€ for 2x8 GB.
For the Mainboard you can also check out x370 Crosshair VI Hero it has extreme good VRM and can support up to 3950x (Bios flashable with usb bios flashback).

That's an overkill for what i am looking for, also the price is 4 times higher