[SOLVED] 3200g black screen after drivers once in windows 10, but magically works if I have a dedicated but unplugged gpu

Dec 30, 2021
Hello,

I have a weird one for you guys.

This is my second 3200g setup, and I got the first one working last year.
But this one is weird. The classic once windows 10 is installed and connected to the internet, I lose display.
Tried the usual, safe mode, uninstalling, wiper drivers, installing AMD latest ones, etc. But every boot, once in windows, after a few secondes, blank.

So trying to figure things out, I install an old hd5450 gpu, connect monitor, 0 display. I say to myself of course, bios is configured to IDG. But I swap the hdmi from the old hd5450 to the motherboard, while the pc is working, I have display and it stays on!?!?!
So I update everything, tell to myself good, everything is working. Put in in the case, boot up, after windows lose display. I install once again the hd 5450, but leave the HDMi in the motherboard, boot up, keep display.

Anyone know why????

3200g
32g of 2400 ram
B550M Pro VDH Wifi.

Thanks,

Dec 30, 2021
Wow I got screwed there, and I thought I knew hardware..... I will really have to dig deeper in specs next time. And not believe generic specs that support ''3rd gen''.

Now I'm pissed, but I got an answer of why it's behaving all weird. Thanks! :)
Will keep my old GPU in there to make everything work I guess.

TRENDING THREADS