[SOLVED] 3200mhz can't get past 2133mhz

Apr 9, 2020
Hi guys, first post here but i've been using this site for awhile reading answers. Anyways i've read alot of answers regarding this but can't seem to fix it at all. My RAM doesn't go past 2133mhz no matter what i try to do. I'll start with a list of my components:

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

PSU: EVGA 1000w

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX PRO RGB 4x8GB 3200mhz

My CPU is OC at 4.4 stable (i think, i mean it doesnt crash when im playing games and such). I use the bios exclusively to OC, i dont use ryzen master but i do have it installed. In BIOS everything is literally set to auto except for Performance Enhancer which is set to Level 3 (OC) and CPU Ratio which is at 44. Whenever i select the only D.O.C.P. profile there is, i think its 16-18-18-18-36 1.35v, and i select DDR4-3200mhz for the frequency my motherboard makes a beep/click 1, 2 or 3 times then it restarts without the beeps/clicks 1 or 3 times then fully boots up and according to all my hardware monitoring apps my ram is still at 2133. I've done everything i can think of, i've tried selecting one step up from 2133mhz in the frequency i've tried selecting the frequency without the D.O.C.P profile, I've tried different voltage for the ram and soc and nothing seems to make the ram go past 2133mhz

Now there is one thing tho, i originally only had a 2x8gb 3200mhz, i decided to get another 2x8gb set that is identical to the original because i tend to have alot of background apps open for my second screen and i hoard google chrome tabs. Anyways the thing is that the original is a samsung b-die and the new set is a hynix c-die. Im using both at the same time and i dont know if this is the reason im having such issues.

Any help would be a god send, im new to the pc world wince august 2019 and im not a seasoned overclocker in the slightest i just wanna get the most of what i have.

Solution
Now there is one thing tho, i originally only had a 2x8gb 3200mhz, i decided to get another 2x8gb set that is identical to the original because i tend to have alot of background apps open for my second screen and i hoard google chrome tabs.

Kit's always don't play well together as your seeing. Better off returning that new kit, selling the old kit and buying a 2x16gb kit.

You could try a lower speed as well and see if it's stable.

WildCard999

Titan
Now there is one thing tho, i originally only had a 2x8gb 3200mhz, i decided to get another 2x8gb set that is identical to the original because i tend to have alot of background apps open for my second screen and i hoard google chrome tabs.

Kit's always don't play well together as your seeing. Better off returning that new kit, selling the old kit and buying a 2x16gb kit.

You could try a lower speed as well and see if it's stable.

Solution
Your new ram is NOT identical, even if the part numbers are the same.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.

You can try raising the ram voltage in the bios and sometimes that makes things work.

Past that as WildCard99 said, buy a new 2 x 16gb kit and keep the old ram for spare or sell it.

Apr 9, 2020
Ok thanks for the information and help, I really appreciate it. I forgot to message back because i was just so relieved i fixed but i figured i would reply and let other people who might have the same problem know how i fixed it. Anyways shortly after i posted my original message i decided to clear my bios and would you know it it completely fixed it (figures right?) sort of. I still was only able to change my speed to a max of 3000mhz regardless of voltage. It was better than nothing, either way i still wasnt satisfied so i sold both kits and purchased a 4x8 kit and now i was FINALLY able to overclock to 3600mhz.

You guys were right and i hope anyone in my situation reads this and is able to fix it.