[SOLVED] 3200Mhz CL16 runs at CL22?

Feb 2, 2020
First of all, sorry if this question is dumb or nonsensical or doesnt make any sense in general , im really new to this type of stuff.

the specs:
MSI B450 VDH-PRO MAX
Ryzen 5 3600
Team Elite 16GB 3200Mhz CL16 DDR4 running dual channel
GTX 1650

so, right after installing windows 10, i jumped to the bios and see that the RAM is running at 2666Mhz, so i open up the settings that lets you manually select the memory speed and i set it at 3200 Mhz. restarted the computer. and now when i open CPU-Z on the memory part its listed that the CAS# CL Latency is 22 clocks. im confused here, isnt the memory supposed to run at CL 16? where did i go wrong?

i'll attach some screenshots.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Parse a link to the ram kit you're using. Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You will have to manually input the timings, frequency and voltage in BIOS in order to get the best out of your ram kit. If it has X.M.P, it's worth giving it a shot but often times it sends some system's into an error or make it seem sluggish.

Reactions: Nemor
Feb 2, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Parse a link to the ram kit you're using. Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You will have to manually input the timings, frequency and voltage in BIOS in order to get the best out of your ram kit. If it has X.M.P, it's worth giving it a shot but often times it sends some system's into an error or make it seem sluggish.

thank you for the warm welcome.

this is the kit im using

the bios is still the one of launch ryzen 3000 bios. 7A38vM7. i havent updated it yet because im scared of bricking the motherboard.

so to get CL16 i have to input everything manually in the BIOS? incl. the voltage and whatnot? and if so, do you have an easy guide for that? thanks.

Last edited: