[SOLVED] 3200MHz ram Running at 2133MHz

zrkraus

Reputable
Mar 9, 2018
As the title suggests, I'm currently running a 2x8 Gskill trident 3200 setup on my asrock z370 killer with an I7 8700k, but im only getting 2133 MHz out of my memory at the moment. My MOBO supports 4266+ MHz so I know im fine on that regard. Is it as simple as switching the default speed in my BIOS, or is there another component that is restricting my speed. Thanks guys.

Solution
As the title suggests, I'm currently running a 2x8 Gskill trident 3200 setup on my asrock z370 killer with an I7 8700k, but im only getting 2133 MHz out of my memory at the moment. My MOBO supports 4266+ MHz so I know im fine on that regard. Is it as simple as switching the default speed in my BIOS, or is there another component that is restricting my speed. Thanks guys.
Have you set the bios XMP setting for your memory? The motherboard handles memory "overclocking" now. 2133MHz is a very common base speed if the XMP is not set in bios.

RealBeast

Titan
Have you set the bios XMP setting for your memory? The motherboard handles memory "overclocking" now. 2133MHz is a very common base speed if the XMP is not set in bios.

Solution