[SOLVED] 3200mhz XMP profile returning to 2133mhz default

titan54132

Prominent
Aug 31, 2019
I have an Aorus B450m MOBO, Ryzen 5 3600 and 16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8 3200mhz)

I enabled xmp profiile at the bios and when it booted up, it showed that I was running at 3200mhz. Then tomorrow after that it went back down to 2133mhz.
What should I do???
Suggestion for any possible fixes???

Solution
Make sure you have the latest non-beta motherboard BIOS version.

Make sure the memory is installed in the second and fourth slots over from the CPU. The fourth slot is the one closest to the edge of the motherboard.

If neither of those end up being related to the problem, then I'd recommend TRYING to stabilize the memory configuration by bumping up the DRAM (memory) voltage by .020v, make sure XMP is still enabled except for the manual voltage configuration and save settings and exit BIOS. If the settings still won't hold then it's likely because Ryzen tends to not like the Vengeance LPX memory kits and many users have problems running them at profile speeds and timings.
Make sure you have the latest non-beta motherboard BIOS version.

Make sure the memory is installed in the second and fourth slots over from the CPU. The fourth slot is the one closest to the edge of the motherboard.

If neither of those end up being related to the problem, then I'd recommend TRYING to stabilize the memory configuration by bumping up the DRAM (memory) voltage by .020v, make sure XMP is still enabled except for the manual voltage configuration and save settings and exit BIOS. If the settings still won't hold then it's likely because Ryzen tends to not like the Vengeance LPX memory kits and many users have problems running them at profile speeds and timings.

Reactions: titan54132
Solution

TRENDING THREADS