[SOLVED] 32bit or 64 bit on a 64 bit system?

Shivam541141

Prominent
Jun 27, 2019
My PC specs:-
Intel core 2 duo e6300
2GB DDR2 RAM
500GB HDD by WD
I was using win 7(32 bit), but then few days ago i switched to win 8.1(32 bit) and now my pc is not performing well because of drivers compatibiliy issue and high background process. So, I have decided to switch back to win 7, but now this pc properties show that my processor is x64 based.
Now, I am thinking whether I should install 64bit or 32bit win 7 considering I have only 2gb ram and 64bit require 2gb ram minimum and 32 bit require 1gb ram minimum, but on 64 bit os the process would be faster. Please help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I guess you might get some memory back, the addresses windows operates are likely higher than 2gb so compared to 32bit you might be better off.

The obvious answer is - why not buy a little more ram if you can get it. That would make the answer more obvious, 4gb would be perfect for 64bit. I think I had that much in my E5500 Core Duo. it was only 32bit. Drivers were one of the reasons I never upgraded it to win 8.1 as well. I knew it was too old. You better off on 7.

Reactions: Shivam541141

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Basically, windows 7 Lite is a lightweight version of original Windows 7 designed for low configuration laptops and PCs that have limited functionality and services than Windows 7.

You only need 1GB minimum RAM, 10GB of storage and Intel Pentium 4 to run it where as Windows 7 takes approx 16GB onto your HDD or SSD.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-Windows-7-Lite-and-Windows-7

sounds like what you have.

Windows 7 Lite is not a Microsoft developed or affiliated product, what it seems to be is a customized Windows 7 image that the authors customized to remove most of the components of Windows which can also be very problematic. Basically, they made it worst than Windows 7 Starter.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...te-legal/ab3ca390-1062-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

TRENDING THREADS