CPU
: i7 920
MOBO: MSI Eclipse sli
RAM: SuperTalent 3x2gb 1600 cl9
PSU: Corsair 750tx
HDD: WD Caviar black 640gb
Cooler: Xigmatek s1283v
GFX: xfx gtx 260 core 216

I built my computer this weekend, and I couldn't get it to post with all 3 sticks of RAM. It's running just fine with 2 sticks right now. If you have a solution to this, that would be great. My error message is something about a checksum not matching. I googled it, and all I could find is that it has something to do with the RAM.

Secondly...

I have that cpu usage gadget going on vista 64 bit, and my RAM is in a constant state of 33% usage. Is this normal, or is something wrong?

Thanks.

jrhilsch

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I'm sorry for responding to my own thread, and I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. Just hoping to get a simple explanation...

jrhilsch

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Thanks for the tip about the resources.

As for the RAM slots, the manual says to put 3 sticks of RAM into every other slot starting with the one closest to the cpu. It's when I put my RAM into the last slot that I have an issue.

If I'm understanding what you're saying, should I NOT put my RAM into every other slot? Is it a legal move to put my RAM into the last 3 slots even though the manual says differently?

Thanks for your response.

jrhilsch

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Could I get a link to that article from Maximum Pc? It seems to go against what my manual says... my mobo has 6 slots though...

Also, where is this aero feature?