[SOLVED] 3400g 1080p???

andyp363

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Anyone got any experience?
Have an MSI b450 pro cabon with 3400g CPU fresh install windows 10
1st issue I had was when graphics driver installed display would blank out - no signal
Solved that with changing to TV's native 2.0 HDMI port rather than receivers (or TV's) 1.4 HDMI

Been trying to change the resolution down so that I can put it through receiver for audio but any time I change it just doesn't...
Right click on desktop - display -resolution change it to 1080p get a nice fuzzy image

But check tv input, its still receiving 2160p

No resolution options in device manager

AMD Radeon panel /display/custom resolutions don't seem to do anything

Am I stuck at 4k - new receiver time or is there a way to actually change the resolution

Works just fine if there aren't any graphics drivers installed so cant see why it cannot output 1080/60

driving me mad... thanks in advance

Solution
For one thing, your output on your motherboard is only HDMI 1.4, not 2.0, so that is worth knowing for reference because it might be a factor in some situations. It shouldn't be if you are trying to get 1080p 60hz though.

The other thing is, that tv is a 120hz model. 60hz may not be possible. Try setting it to 1080p 120hz.
For one thing, your output on your motherboard is only HDMI 1.4, not 2.0, so that is worth knowing for reference because it might be a factor in some situations. It shouldn't be if you are trying to get 1080p 60hz though.

The other thing is, that tv is a 120hz model. 60hz may not be possible. Try setting it to 1080p 120hz.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS