Question 3440x1440 @165hz monitor capped at 75hz

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 5, 2022
i got a HP X34 monitor, the max resolution should be 3440 x 1440 @165hz, however, all the settings on my pc is maxed at 75hz with display port. I think with HDMI it gave me a 120hz option.
Does it have anything to do with my graphics card ? im using nvidia 1080TI. The monitor is a freesync premium monitor.
How to get it to work under the max resolution and refresh rate?

D

Deleted member 362816

on the spec of this card it clearly says HDMI 2.0b, DisplayPort 1.4 and Dual-Link DVI , i mean it's a pretty high end card still, so i dont know if it's the card thats limiting this?

DP 1.4 is quite old some EVGA cards I have used in the past were limited on Resolutions for some reason especially the Kingpin cards.

Found something, Lower your color down to 8bit, if it is set at 10bit that may be the issue from some reading.

Jun 5, 2022
DP 1.4 is quite old some EVGA cards I have used in the past were limited on Resolutions for some reason especially the Kingpin cards.

Found something, Lower your color down to 8bit, if it is set at 10bit that may be the issue from some reading.
I was able to resolve this, it’s so dumb. So the monitor has a DisplayPort mode setting which allows you to choose 1.1 thru 1.4, and it was defaulted at 1.1. After switching to 1.4 it showed the 165 hz option.

D

Deleted member 362816

I was able to resolve this, it’s so dumb. So the monitor has a DisplayPort mode setting which allows you to choose 1.1 thru 1.4, and it was defaulted at 1.1. After switching to 1.4 it showed the 165 hz option.

Oh man I never would have guessed that. Sorry I wasn't more of a help.

TRENDING THREADS