3500€ gaming/streaming pc theorycrafting need advice (long post)

erflavio91

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
First off, I'm gonna warn you that this is going to be a long post.
It's just a very complicated issue, especially because of the nature of these items; I want the best for the money that I have to spend, I don't want to buy the wrong piece, I don't want to regret not taking enough time to analyze things, etc.

With that being said lets establish the guidelines of this build:

• I'm assembling this pc because my current one is pretty old(approaching 6 years) and breaking down.
  • I'm using this chance to go all-out and try to build a very good 1)gaming, 2) streaming and 3) video-editing computer.
    The priorities are those since the games have to run at a very good quality for my enjoyment and in order to stream them at an high quality; the and video-editing is just a secondary function, I wont edit/upload videos often, and they will often just be stream highlights.
  • I have a very big budget (-3500€-3700€+), but me having a big budget doesn't mean I want to spend it all and I'll appreciate cutting a cost if not needed; I don't care for RGB stuff(I mean its nice but I'm not gonna spend MORE money over it) or “paying for brand”, and I prefer “quality”, or rather, “utility/functionality” over “aesthetics”, and I don't want to cut a cost that will impact the performance of my computer(and the temps, or the quietness; I need the computer to be cool during heated and humid summers, and quiet because the noise could disrupt the quality of the streaming) in the long run, since I don't plan to change any computer parts anytime soon; you could say that I'm “future proofing” but I don't want to change parts to this computer until they break or get incredibly old, so tl;dr;

Videogames and streaming are the priority, video-editing is secondary

Don't care for aesthetics but only for functionality; performance, temps and quietness, and don't want to “pay for brand” but for quality

Want to use my budget to the fullest to avoid having problems in the future but also not willing pay for overpriced stuff that have no effect

Alright, lets start talking about some parts, what I consider the “backbone” of all the various possibilities for my final build;
before talking about the different possibilities that I had in mind, I want to talk about the pieces that don't change between them, since they mostly affect CPUs and motherboards:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler (€89.90 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2800 Memory (€250.88 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Samsung - 960 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Toshiba - X300 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€151.82 @ Amazon Italia)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Extreme Video Card (€891.30 @ Amazon Italia)
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case (€107.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 760W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€156.67 @ Amazon Italia)
Optical Drive: Lite-On - iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer (€15.92 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €1664.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-30 03:49 CET+0100

Lets start with the cooler:

of course the cooler will actually change with the CPUs and motherboards, but this was actually to spark a question about the type of coolers.
I think that, in general, it is better for me to get the best non-liquid cooler possible(that's why I just put the best Noctua I could find), because I really care about temps and want my CPU to be chill at all times, but I'm afraid of liquid coolers failing me.
So; am I right? Or are there COMPLETELY SAFE, 100% risk free liquid coolers?
Because I don't care how “theoretically safe” and “with really low margin of failure” some liquid coolers now are, I ain't risking a 3500€ computer on a 200€ cooler, nu-uh.
So I think I should just go for the best non-liquid cooler and that's usually the most expensive Noctua, right?

Then, the RAM.
32 gb is not negotiable. Then I picked the one between 2400-2800 with the lowest CAS(14) and the best price/value ratio on pcpartpicker.
Why 2400-2800? Because most CPUs don't support more than that without Ocing and I'm not gonna OC my ram.

Next, the storage.
1 SSD and 1 HHD are mandatory.
This SSD is from what I've heard the best when it comes to price/value ratio, and I don't need 1 tb of it since I will just put the OS, some crucial software(OBS, Steam, etc.) and some games in it.
Games and softwares & files that don't require to load incredibly fast, or are just old and don't need that much power will just be put in the HDD.
Am I wrong? Should I get 1 TB of SSD even if its double the price? Or a different kind of SSD?

Now, the graphic card.
1080 ti of course, not even a question.
I've picked the 11 GB with the highest core clock I could find and the price isn't even that high considering other cards, BUT if you know cards that are better in;

temperatures under long period of times

quieter

or are just cheaper with the same performances

Let me know; I REALLY want a graphic card that is powerful and remains cool primarily. Quietness is an important secondary role, but secondary nonetheless.

The graphic cards leads me to the power supply;

I was undecided between this, and the 1050W variant of it, because I'm debating whether or not I will be running double 1080tis in the future when I will be in need of an upgrade, or just buying the best next-gen graphic card available.
What do you people think? What is better to do?
I think I'll just buy the next-best graphic card, but I'm always all ears.

Also, do you know any better PSU? I feel I can't go wrong with that, beside the SLI question.
Or do you think SeaSonic doesn't make good PSU? Or there are just better PSUs for a similar price? Let me know.

And for last but not least, the case.
Now, I've thought a lot about how to choose a case, and I still have doubts. I just picked this case as a min. standard.
I want the case to be:
with VERY good airflow, as spacious as possible, has dust filters, and as silent as possible, in this order.
So I naturally went the full tower way.
Now, I chose this case because I've read that is both quiet and allows for a lot of fans to be mounted, and there's dust filters over all the fans.
But is it the best for the price? Or is it good at all? I don't mind spending even double the price of this case for a drastically better one.
I REALLY don't want my case to be hot/retain hot air because of poor air flow due to poor space management or bad design or whatever, and I will GREATLY appreciate a case that quiets most of my noise(due to CPU cooler, graphic card, etc.).
It HAS to have dust filters because dust is not only bad for my health, but also impacts the performance of my computer.
Also I like the side-glass thingy but I'd rather have a fully silent case than a pretty one, but if I can have both for a price not too high, why not?
But the price can't be too high since I wont cut the budget from other pieces for the aesthetics of the case.
Also, am I good with stock fans or do I need to buy new ones?
And how many/ for how many sides? Again I don't care for RGB stuff(and again, I mean its nice but I'm not gonna spend MORE money for RGB pieces), its just to have very good airflow.

Now, lets discuss the different possibilites/combinations when it comes to CPUs.
My doubts are about two, consecutive questions.

single box or dual(gaming+streaming) box?

if single box, AMD or Intel?

Now let me explain the first question.

If single box, I can buy a very powerful computer that can satisfy my needs at the moment, and then in the future, if I want and have money for it, I can use my current computer to cannibilize some parts and build a very cheap but effective streaming box, something that would look kinda like this:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor (€196.46 @ Amazon Italia)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper T2 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (€29.88 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: ASRock - A320M-DGS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€53.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (€156.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: ADATA - Premier Pro SP600 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€78.73 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Toshiba - 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€45.97 @ Amazon Italia)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card
Case: Antec - GX700 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Antec - High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Total: €562.02

The graphic card, PSU and case are the ones I'm currently using(and I think the cooler too but I'm not too sure rn).

If I go dual box route, I should use some of my budget to fund the parts for the streaming box that I just linked, thus having less to spend on the primary rig, making it less powerful. The primary rig would run Intel for sure tho, and maybe I could pick a less expensive CPU, like an i7-7700k.

Not only that, but from my understanding dual box comes with a lot of software n hardware issues that I don't know if I'm ready to face right now, right at the start of this streaming thing, and I kind of like the simplicity of having just one computer to worry about at the start; then, if I see that I really like streaming everyday and want to specialize even more and want to have everything maxed out, I'll buy the second, streaming-dedicated box, to compliment an already beast of a primary pc.

Tl;dr: For simplicity I'd prefer a single box, do you think its wrong?

Then, assuming I'd go with single box, comes the AMD vs Intel question.

Since a single computer would be handling both gaming and streaming, the CPU needs to perform excellently.
So the question is; do I use a Threadripper 1900x that apparently is better for streaming but not gaming(or even higher Threadrippers is they manage to stay in budget but I think their single core performance might be too low and I dont need that many cores), or a an Intel CPU?

And if Intel, which one?
For reference, I have had my eyes on the i7-7820X 3.6GHz 8-Core, and then the Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core even if pcpartpicker doesn't have it as available in Italy at the moment ; the i9-7900X 3.3GHz 10-Core could be an option if I can find one in Italy and it somehow manages to stay inside the budget.

I'll show you the different builds and then I'll link some benchmarks results;

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7820X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor (€624.17 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: MSI - X299 RAIDER ATX LGA2066 Motherboard (€238.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2800 Memory (€250.88 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Toshiba - X300 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€151.82 @ Amazon Italia)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Extreme Video Card (€891.30 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 760W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€156.67 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €2527.64

i7 8700k;

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI - Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€112.98 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €1777.46

TR 1900x;

CPU: AMD - Threadripper 1900X 3.8GHz 8-Core Processor (€548.92 @ Amazon Italia)
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-U14S TR4-SP3 140.2 CFM CPU Cooler (€79.90 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: ASRock - X399 Taichi ATX TR4 Motherboard (€345.20 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €2548.60

Now, the benchmarks:

8700k vs 7820x: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-7820X/3937vs3928

7820x vs 1900x: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7820X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-TR-1900X/3928vsm340638

8700k vs 1900x: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-TR-1900X/3937vsm340638

So by these results, looks like the 7820x is straight up better than the 1900x, and at the same time almost the same performance as the 8700k but better for the multi-core; but these are just numbers, and I've heard everybody say that Threadripper is straight up better for streaming, so I don't really know???
I'm very undecided on this issue, and no information seems to sway me.
What do you guys think? Do you have any other CPUs in mind that might be provide better performance than these(beside i9s :^] )?

Also; what about the mobos?
Let's say that I go for the 7820x; would that mobo be good enough?
I've chose pretty randomly; one of the cheapest with enough features, but for example I've seen some screens online and the m.2 slot looks kinda hard to fit with the future graphic card(s)... so do you guys know a better one?
And what feature should I look for beside m2 slots, sata 6, enough usb3.0 slots etc.?

Let me know if you have any suggestions, idea, correction, or any sort of input or interest for my build, and if you've read all this, thank you for your time!

P.s.: I know this formatting of mine isn't good; I'm not used to it!

fredfinks

Honorable
Recommend a Fractal R5 case, or the Phanteks, with a D15 cooler.
Cant beat the absolute ease of instalaltion & no fuss use with a big dumb block of metal paired with the ultimate in quiet reliable fans. Noctua is your friend.

GPU- 1080Ti. I chose the MSI gaming X for silence. Id go with an EVGA, MSI, ASUS or Gigabyte.
PSU- Yes, Seasonic. The best PSUs on market.
Storage - Its a bit of overkill but i have a dedicated 250gb O/S SSD, a 500gb gaming & program SSD, a 240gb recent downloads SSD (old intel o/s drive) and HDDs for mass storage. I prefer to have the drives work independantly with their given workload.

RAM- I dont OC ram either. See if Crucial is cheaper. It owns the enterprise market and dead reliable. or corsair low profile.
Optical Drive - Consider a bluray. You may want to rip blurays.
Monitor? Go with a good 16:9 32" 1440p. samsung, benQ etc. Practical for gaming, video & work VS a 21:9.
CPU- this is the difficult question.

erflavio91

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

1)So is my Phanteks good? Or should I go for a more expensive one like the Luxe or Primoo?
Also, do you think the Fractal Design is better? The R5 is not on pc part picker, the only one I can find with a price is the Define XL R2 Black Pearl. What do you think is better between the two?
And what about the fans? Am I good with stock or do I need more? And where?

2)Is the Zotac not good for some reason? Do you have experience or information regarding the 1080 tis?

3)Do you think it would be better to buy 2 separate SSDs, 1 for softwares like OS, OBS, Steam etc, and one for games then? Because I think more than 2 is really too overkill, and 2 already might be a waste of money that could go elsewhere.

4)This was the cheapest CAS 14, 2800 on pcpartpicker, which I assume is a good standard analysis of the general market. I don't care if I spend 20€ more, I dont want to go crazy to search for it. If you have a quick amazon link tho I wont say no. You think G.Skill is lower quality? I might spend some € more for more reliability.

5)The Optical Drive does read/write everything :)

6) I don't need to buy a monitor at the moment, its going to be a concern for the future.

7) I know, and its the main reason I posted really! Ahaha, let me know if you have any ideas for that

fredfinks

Honorable
Yes the Phanteks is great but id call around for the R5 to see price diff. Here in Australia we have a price crawler site called staticice.com PCpartpicker has but a fraction of parts available & doesnt list best price. Maybe theres a similar site in italy i.e. just use pcpartpicker as a rough guide.

2) Zotac is a low end manufacturer. Theyll have lower quality fans and capacitors etc. (not saying it wont work but id pay a little more for one of the other brands i mentioned)

3)Its what i do, but theres a valid argument for getting 1 large SSD. if 2 ssds i recommend a 250gb & a 500gb ($377 AU for 960 evo + 850 evo). thats not too much cheaper VS a single 1tb ($410).

4)Thats ok, gskill isnt too bad. just check around with retailers because, as mentioned, pcpartpicker doesnt list the best price or all available gear.
5) ah good.
6) good stuff. When you do consider a large 16:9 over a 21:9.
7)Its a tough call. Ryzen has really brought some competition to that part of PCs. Call me an intel fanboy but what i saw at my old work i just wouldnt touch an amd with a 1000ft pole. (not saying ryzen will go up in a puff of smoke).
Whatever you do i suggest not spending heaps of $ on the motherboard. As long as its got the features you need and no more.
e.g. a z370-A vs a z-370 ROG RGB super deluxe phantom sabretooth

erflavio91

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

1) alright I'll try to look for prices on other websites and keep an eye out for the R5, its probably on amazon anyway.
And, what about the case fans?? ;_;

2)Somebody suggested me to buy the ASUS STRIX, do you agree with it? Or is there a better one, considering it costs 970€ in italy?

3) What is the argument for a single, big one? Also maybe I could buy SSDs of 2 different qualities, like you suggested (I assume the 960 was supposed to be pro :p)

7) Overall I've been reading that the 8700 is superior but alot of people still say that Threadripper is incredibly good so I'm really torn; also the 7820 is also a good piece of CPU so I'm really town.
and yes I also want to choose a not-too-overboard motherboard, I agree.

fredfinks

Honorable
1) Fans, the R5 comes with 2 good quiet fans. Suggest 1 more for the front - a Noctua A-14 flx. (If buying fans in future just get noctua)
2) Yep the strix is good. again have a look at evga, the msi gaming X or for less quality (but might save a bit) the gigabyte G1. Still better than zotac.
3) The argument being you get an extra 250gb for not much $. (it was not a pro! A 960 evo honestly you wouldnt notice a diff VS a pro and even a regular 850 2.5" is fine). Reasons for 2 is that as said they can work independantly and that things are seperated. I.e. if you ever need to clean out or format whatever your 2nd drive its an ease VS all on 1.

7) Yeah for that mutlitasking high core count Ryzen is great. If no one else answers it might be best to post a new short thread asking about CPU choice for your workload.

fredfinks

Honorable
Forgot to mention , mount the PSU up so its another exhaust fan. It doesnt need external air + that will also pick up alot of dust from floor.
I also tape up the underside to its air from front > out the back.

erflavio91

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

UP? I will definitively need more fans then to have a positive air flow

fredfinks

Honorable
Yes. Up as in fan on top so it exhausts. (the proper way, the way PSUs were used - as an exhaust, Its a wank this bottom mounted nonsense)
Re positive pressure, thats why i tape underside. (and recommend a 2nd front fan)

erflavio91

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

So after some brainstorming with suggestions from other people too, I've done a prototype with the 8700k(still questioning it), what do you think of it;

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus - TUF Z370 Pro Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€161.92 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€304.13 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card (€977.99 @ Alternate Italia)
Case: Fractal Design - Define XL R2 (Black Pearl) ATX Full Tower Case (€156.53 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Titanium 750W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€217.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €2076.20
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-30 10:45 CET+0100

Consider that the 8700 costs around 500, the SSD around 470, and the ASUS around 70 euros less. Maybe I'll also throw 2-3 fans in it aswell for the air intake.
What do you think is missing?
Also, does the CPU come with thermal paste? Because mine is like 5 years old and IDK if its good enough... should I buy new one for improved performances?

This is all you need honestly. YouTube has 60fps content. So 75hz is more than enough.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor ($299.88 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - R1 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($88.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($87.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($334.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: MyDigitalSSD - BPX 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($233.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Storage: Seagate - Constellation ES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.00 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB Video Card ($549.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: Corsair - 500R White ATX Mid Tower Case ($107.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($80.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Acer - V246HQL Cbid 23.6" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor ($108.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Acer - XR342CK 34.0" 3440x1440 75Hz Monitor ($697.75 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Keyboard: Aorus - Thunder K7 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Mouse: SteelSeries - Rival 700 Wired Optical Mouse ($74.16 @ Amazon)
Total: $2963.95
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-30 05:58 EDT-0400

The second screen is to monitor ur stream and comments during live stream.

erflavio91

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

1) I think I'm going the Intel route rather than AMD,
2) I don't need any periphericals or monitors, just a new box, and no windows
3) I want a full tower
4) many other corrections but with these previous 3 you should see that the budget is to be used in other ways

I really appreciate the time and effort tho!

fredfinks

Honorable
Man, italy's prices are insane.
It might be psosible to save a ton by purchasing from US. +limiting selection to a few suppliers to reduce shipping.
Here is from 3. Newegg, B&H and Outlet PC. They are reliable. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/p3j4r7

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($399.99 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($88.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus - TUF Z370 Pro Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($161.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($389.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($117.49 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($299.99 @ B&H)
Storage: Hitachi - Deskstar NAS 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X Video Card ($766.89 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Platinum 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($149.90 @ B&H)
Optical Drive: Pioneer - BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($55.89 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit ($109.98 @ B&H)
Case Fan: Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan ($20.97 @ Newegg)
Total: $2781.93

Notes:
Case: Change from full tower to midtower. Do you really need a fulltower? They are massive. Youre not running a ton of drives, nor an e-ATX mobo. Save on $, plus shipping would be a huge amount on large item. Might be better picking it up from a local supplier yourself. Even forgoing Amazon italy. Consider the phanteks midtower if you cant get the R5 locally. With the R5 i know youll need 1 extra 140mm fan. Not sure on phantek.

RAM: its a bummer that its so expensive at moment. cheaper 2 years ago.

SSD: Found its cheaper to get a 960 250gb + an 850 1tb. Awesome amount of SSD space in discrete drives.

HDD: Hitachi way more reliable than the toshiba x300. same price and its ok to have a NAS drive as standalone. (You should backup anyhow)

GPU: None of them sold the Ausus strix. There a few for like $5 cheaper, an EVGA for example. Other cheaper ones arent recommended - zotax, galax, etc.

Optical: Thought it was too cheap, the liteon is not a bluray reader.

PSU: The seasonic new platinum Prime is more than good enough. save $20 vs the titanium model.

Includes noctua fan and Win 10 full version, incase theres any probs with OEM licence in future.
Regarding thermal paste the D15 comes with a syringe of it and all you need to install in the box.

erflavio91

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

1) people have told me its better if I buy just 1 piece of ssd if possible
2) The toshiba I selected is better than that hitachi, trust me on this one
3) Did you had to change the graphic card? I've read that the asus was generally the best and gigabyte was like second, no asus strix at all?
4) I prefer full tower for the air flow and the space for cable management. I have a mid tower rn and I hated installing it and it always stays hot as hell.
5) that optical drive is pricey jesus
6) dont need microsoft and I could need even an extra fan

anf finally 7), I've never ordered stuff outside of italy and I'm not too sure if I should it. Wouldn't that void the warrancy of the pieces if I buy them from another country? Wouldnt I pay a shitton at customs? What if a pieces arrives and it doesnt work, do I have to send it back to the us?

edit: yeah I've just read and I have to pay ALOT of stuff to order stuff from outside of the EU(especially in italy), not worth it.
I might consider ordering stuff from other countries in the EU tho.
UK looks like it has somewhat lowerprices; my prototype costs only 2887€ converted from 2546.22£.
But I still would have to pay delivery costs.

jpe1701

Honorable
Can I just jump in here and ask a couple questions before I put my 2 cents worth in? What are your plans for your new monitor, as in resolution and refresh rate? Are you actively trying to save electricity with a platinum PSU or are you just looking for a high quality PSU? What resolution and frame rate are you going to be streaming?

erflavio91

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

My current monitors are 2 filthy asus ve247h, but in the future I'll get a 144hz monitor for sure, and I might even get a 4k one if I have the budget for it.
I want to stream at 1080 60fps if possible. I know its not possible immediately because twitch caps some stuff, but I have the connection for it(100 down/20 up).

The PSU was reccomended because of its quality. And I like that it saves electricity. Might even get a 650w one if I'm comfortable with risking it but I'm afraid a future top of the line GPU might require more electricity.
Thank you for the interest!

_MasterG_

Prominent
May 5, 2017
So do you want power, gaming and streamign. mmm Well, i will do my best. At the actual situation, is better to ship al directly from US, i will use us prices, well, in Italia there is a 300$ diffrecence in cpu price, idk but even the expensivest shipping with aeroplane in fedex is even cheaper.

CPU: Intel - Core i9-7900X 3.3GHz 10-Core Processor ($962.75 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - R1 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($88.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - X299 Killer SLI/ac ATX LGA2066 Motherboard ($203.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($312.40 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($233.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K6000 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($169.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Extreme Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($759.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Extreme Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($759.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Azza - GT1 ATX Full Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Inwin - Commander II 1200W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($228.00 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: LG - UH12NS40 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($46.78 @ OutletPC)
Total: $3876.62
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-30 23:41 EDT-0400

erflavio91

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

1) The problem with ordering from the US is not the shipping prices, but the EU and Italian taxes. They will make me pay easily 20%+ the value of what I buy. You can see how it easily gets out of hand.

2)Do I really need an i9?
3) Noctua d15 is not avaible? or this one is better?
4) SLI? I don't think I need a sli honestly, and the zotac 1080ti has been criticized by many.
5) why not a fractal design case?

_MasterG_

Prominent
May 5, 2017

1) Is a 10 cores i9, 4 cores more than the new top 8700k, with the actual power per core of this i9 will give you better performance in games than another high core count proccessors. If you plan to do gaming in 4k you can even drop to a i5 8600k but you want Streaming power so all the others cores will help
3) Easy to install, and Lower Temps! (this is important for a i9, with the turbo boost and without watercooler most of the air coolers simplely cannot support the turbo boost)
4)Do you really need Sli, well for gaming in hq and high resolutions yes SLI Scaling Is pretty good, About the card. Well people dont like hot cards with low rpm fan profiles, and thats zotac, they dont even do any work to changue fan profile so they got stuck and usually sell it. Damm crazy people....
5) this was cheaper, has very good airflow capabilities and looked cool ( in order of most important to less)But i recomend you to use your preference case.....

jpe1701

Honorable
If you are just getting into streaming, and really not doing anything professionally with it and you said you don't want to buy needlessly, my advice would be build yourself a nice 8700k or Ryzen machine. At 4k you are GPU bound so you won't be able to tell the difference at gaming and 4k is limited to 60hz as well. Both will stream well. The HEDT stuff is a lot of money to spend and granted it would be awesome and I'd do it if I could but for your uses it's not necessary unless you want it obviously. Lol. The PSU is a great choice, I just saw the price and thought USD and thought I could suggest some alternatives. You are definitely doing it right by doing your research and there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here. Do you have other threads?

erflavio91

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

yeah thats all good and interesting but like I said taxes are going to be the hell of me and I dont even know if warranties will hold in a different continent so prices have to be adjusted for my country.
Also, I dont think SLI is worth the money for me, and I think the 8700k is good enough. I mean my prototype rn is 3000€ and I can spend 500 or more to improve my build so it could go on the CPU but I'm gonna analyze all the options first!

erflavio91

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

4k 144hz are already coming out. They're outrageously expensive, but they're here.
I am getting into streaming rn, but I really want to give it my all. If all goes good, I'm going to buy a secondary computer where I'll put the best CPU I can. So maybe I should focus on having a very good CPU for gaming aswell on this machine maybe, so the 8700k does sound like a good buy. With my current protorype build I have around 500-700€ spare, do you think they could be put at good use or are redundant?
And could you explain me what HEDT is exactly? I'm having an hard time understanding

I have other threads all over the internet :p

jpe1701

Honorable
Good to know, thanks. Yeah the 8700k should do great. HEDT is just the high end desktop parts like x299 chipset and the high core count CPUs. Your build is nice, you could save some more without sacrificing quality in my opinion, but it is superb quality and should be fun to play with. I can't think of a thing left out other than maybe good peripherals.

erflavio91

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

Peripherals are secondary to me, truly. I just want to be 300% sure about the CPU because I dont want any mistakes and I dont want to find out at the last minute that I can't stream PUBG because my CPU isnt good enough.

erflavio91

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
Ok, have a look at this prototype;

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor (€541.00)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€304.13 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (€427.00)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card (€899.00)
Case: Fractal Design - Define XL R2 (Black Pearl) ATX Full Tower Case (€170.10 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Titanium 750W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€219.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Optical Drive: Lite-On - iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer (€16.18 @ Amazon Italia)
Case Fan: Noctua - NF-P14s redux-1200 64.9 CFM 140mm Fan (€9.90 @ Amazon Italia)
Case Fan: Noctua - NF-P14s redux-1200 64.9 CFM 140mm Fan (€9.90 @ Amazon Italia)
Other: GIGABYTE Intel 1151 Socket Z370 Chipset Aorus Gaming 7 D4 ATX Motherboard - Black (€292.99 @ Alternate Italia)
Total: €3141.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-31 11:22 CET+0100

I have yet to understand motherboards.
I put a motherboard I've been suggested for now because I've read its very good overall even if doesnt have thunderbolt 3, and I don't know if it is Optane SSD ready (something I'm keeping my eyes on for the future and I want my motherboard to be ready for), so in case I would prefer a motherboard that has both of these features.

Then I picked 3 more case fans because the case has 7 fan slots, +3 stock fans; theres a side panel fan slot but I dont know if its good? Do you guys know if side panel fans are good?should it be intake or exhaust?

Also I've been thinking that maybe I want a case with a glass side panel; all of this RGB is going to be wasted otherwise.

What do you think?