[SOLVED] 350watts psu for my system

sshah1603

Commendable
Feb 18, 2019
So I bought a VS550w psu for my system 2 months ago and it broke already, don’t know how but it was probably defected or something,
My parts:
Amd ryzen 2600 3.6ghz
Gtx 1060 6gb
MSI B450 tomahawk

i used to have a 350watts with my old parts but since I got all these new parts I got the 550, since this one broke, I sent a email to Corsair for a warranty thing. For the time being till I get my new PSU from Corsair, can my pc Handle itself with the 350watts psu?

4 years he said
That says nothing of the make and model, or even age. It could be much older than 4 years, for all we know.

On pcpartpicker, it said the wattage for all my parts combined was 280
I'd say that is a good average consumption estimate. PSU recommendations for GPUs basically assume your unit is crap.
Ryzen 5 2600-146W MAXIMUM during multithreaded workloads
GTX 1060-197W MAXIMUM while gaming
It's reasonable to say the rest won't be loaded up to more than 20W, and you probably wont be running full multithreaded workloads on your CPU while loading your GPU at the same time

So you can see why it depends on how good the unit is

Shay Green

Prominent
Feb 17, 2020
That says nothing of the make and model, or even age. It could be much older than 4 years, for all we know.

I'd say that is a good average consumption estimate. PSU recommendations for GPUs basically assume your unit is crap.
Ryzen 5 2600-146W MAXIMUM during multithreaded workloads
GTX 1060-197W MAXIMUM while gaming
It's reasonable to say the rest won't be loaded up to more than 20W, and you probably wont be running full multithreaded worklaods on your CPU while loading your GPU at the same time

So you can see why it depends on how good the unit is
Yeah IK 4 years tells you nothing, he just asked for the age