3570k? Will it work straight out of box on a z77 extreme 4?

bigirishman

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
I'm worried about ordering my new processor. I've already purchased a Z77 extreme 4 motherboard and now I have saved up enough money for a processor. I was going to but a 2500k but as the 3570k is the same price I thought I'd be stupid not to get the newer tech cpu. I really need to know if a 3570k will go straight in my motherboard without a bios update! I believe the 2500k will be ok in my board without a bios update to my understanding. I'm really worried as if it does need a bios update with a 3570k then I'm in trouble as i wont be able to do it unless i know someone with a 2nd gen 1155 cpu, which I don't. Please good people out there, can you give me solid answer. I don't have much money as i have 6 kids and i have to do hard saving for every bit of kit for my new build, so buying a processor that wont work in my motherboard will kill me :cry: My wife is already on at me because I'm changing my system to Intel. She don't see the point as in her eyes my rig is fine as it is. I tried to explain to her that my 975 be cpu and asrock 870 extreme 3 is becoming outdated and that I need to swap to intel. But thats like talking in chinese to her. I fooled her in the end by telling her that the intel cpu and motherboard will save money on the electric bill :lol: It's probably a true statement untill i overclock eh!

bigirishman

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

Does that mean that the board comes with P1.20 bios and that anything on the support list with a higher number bios like P1.40 needs to be updated? Im a noob when it comes to m/b. Sorry if im stupid.

Yes, it comes with the P1.20 bios, only for some cpus it needs the P1.40, which might be already shipped with that, but for an i5-3570k it's the default bios, which is P1.20.
You don't have nothing to worry about.

bigirishman

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

:lol: I'll show the mrs your post :lol: Thanks so much for the good advice mate.

bigirishman

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012

Thank you so much. Im sorted now. Thanks for your patience ;)