Question 35th Percentile for GPU with an OC?

Zoladex

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2013
Hi
Switched over from a GTX 1070 to a 6800xt today! quite impressed with it, though little nagging issue. While the performance is good, i ran the UserBenchMark thing and my GPU is sat in the 24th percentile.
After playing around with CPU, Ram and GPU overclocking it's up to 35th, as seen here. This included using DDU, setting FSB to 1:1, and getting SAM up and running. Haven't pushed it much at all so far, but GPU clock is 2300mhz at the moment using afterburner. i noticed the clock slider is not in sync with the actual Hz, but overall seems to work.

Its the first time switching over to the red team and was just wondering if i was missing something. Hard to believe its below average after quite a bit of tweaking. Though thought it might be the benchmark playfulness with AMD hardware i've read about.
Any ideas?

Edit: Notice link is missing few hardwares.
Mobo: Gigabtye b550 Aorus Elite
PSU: RM850x

Last edited:
Hi
Switched over from a GTX 1070 to a 6800xt today! quite impressed with it, though little nagging issue. While the performance is good, i ran the UserBenchMark thing and my GPU is sat in the 24th percentile.
After playing around with CPU, Ram and GPU overclocking it's up to 35th, as seen here. This included using DDU, setting FSB to 1:1, and getting SAM up and running. Haven't pushed it much at all so far, but GPU clock is 2300mhz at the moment using afterburner. i noticed the clock slider is not in sync with the actual Hz, but overall seems to work.

Its the first time switching over to the red team and was just wondering if i was missing something. Hard to believe its below average after quite a bit of tweaking. Though thought it might be the benchmark playfulness with AMD hardware i've read about.
Any ideas?

Edit: Notice link is missing few hardwares.
Mobo: Gigabtye b550 Aorus Elite
PSU: RM850x
Wonder what the numbers do if you used 1080p.

Zoladex

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2013
Wonder what the numbers do if you used 1080p.
Would be high :). Though guess would be noticeable only really to competitive pros. It comes down to frame times at that level at like 200+fps. Not something the average joe can take advantage of. But still it has been nice to overcome the 60fps i had in Warzone, with occasional dips to 40ish (quite noticable).

The 1070 is a great 1080p card, but i upgraded monitor to 2k and tv to 4k, so really needed some extra oomph. Gone from medium setting around 60fps, to max settings around 120fps. I happily game at 60ish, so i have to leeway for future game releases before i get below that mark again :)

Zoladex

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2013
look at the other bench %
33,373 User benchmarks, average bench 163%

within 3% of other 6800xt
Positive way to look at it i guess! OC only gives you a couple of percent boost anyway so i guess thats whats going on. I have now tweaked to 2380Mhz, which is now 162%.
Either every person that buys these cards OC them like crazy, or they buy extreme OEM OC versions haha. Mine is Gigabtye OC version, Boost Clock* : up to 2285 MHz (Reference card: 2250 MHz).

Positive way to look at it i guess! OC only gives you a couple of percent boost anyway so i guess thats whats going on. I have now tweaked to 2380Mhz, which is now 162%.
Either every person that buys these cards OC them like crazy, or they buy extreme OEM OC versions haha. Mine is Gigabtye OC version, Boost Clock* : up to 2285 MHz (Reference card: 2250 MHz).
Yeah, you have to look at where most benchmarks fall on the scale as the percentage will be skewed towards that halfway point. You're within 4-5% of where almost half the scores land.

Would be high :). Though guess would be noticeable only really to competitive pros. It comes down to frame times at that level at like 200+fps. Not something the average joe can take advantage of. But still it has been nice to overcome the 60fps i had in Warzone, with occasional dips to 40ish (quite noticable).

The 1070 is a great 1080p card, but i upgraded monitor to 2k and tv to 4k, so really needed some extra oomph. Gone from medium setting around 60fps, to max settings around 120fps. I happily game at 60ish, so i have to leeway for future game releases before i get below that mark again :)
I was thinking about the ubm % number.
It might be different at 1080p.